RE: Is it ok if neighbours see you nude?

When I was married, I enjoyed being in the backyard nude. There was a fence on three sides, so no one could see in. One day a neighbor was looking for her dog that got loose and came into theyard while I was lounging on the deck and saw me nude. Islipped on a pair of shorts and helped her find the dog. It was at the other end of our property. Thenshe started to ask me about nudists. We chatted for a while and found out that her and her husband enjoyed being nude outdoors as well. My wife was not interested in being a nudist, but was OK with me being one,and when she found out that the neighbors enjoyed the same thing, she started to get mad. That led to our divorce.Methinks there is more to the story. Were you nude with the neighbors without your wife?

This post was edited

Thanks for the posting of the law. I'm still confused.It appears that if I'm nude outside and observed, it is a misdemeanor. If I run into the house; it becomes a felony. Guess that's why I'm not a lawyer .lol

This post was edited
RE:Is it ok if neighbours see you nude?

in my most humble opinion; I wish that people would truly read what they post before they comment;
CA Penal code Section 314 starts with "Every person who willfully and lewdly" this means that it is meant for arousal or sexual in nature. If you were to read the legal commentary for this, the state would have to prove intent. furthermore the commentary also states that a person does not have to be completely naked or unclothed to be charged with indecent exposure; they only needs to establish that the persons genitals were exposed.

As all nudist/naturist try to get across to the general public that nudity noes not equate to sex. I like to tell people that your actions are what get you in trouble, clothed or nude.

In SC, the Law states;
SECTION 16-15-130. Indecent exposure; breastfeeding.
(A)(1) It is unlawful for a person to wilfully, maliciously, and indecently expose his person in a public place, on property of others, or to the view of any person on a street or highway.
(2) This subsection does not apply to a woman who breastfeeds her own child in a public place, on property of others, to the view of any person on a street or highway, or any other place where a woman and her child are authorized to be.
(B) A person who violates the provisions of subsection (A)(1) is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Two websites that are useful are;
https://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/state_laws_and_legislation.html
https://statelaws.findlaw.com/

As with any legal issue in the US. the interpretation of the law is key. First how does the officer responding interpret the law? His department? Then can you afford an attorney that can prove them wrong? How much stress is it going to cause you and your family. As most criminal cases are public record, how will an arrest affect your job? Some jurisdiction are required to post the mugshots of those arrested for certain crimes.

It is best to error on the side of caution. Would I love to be able to be nude in my own back yard? Hell yes. Am I ready to challenge the prejudices of my neighbors and law enforcement officials. NO!

Even if your neighbors are okay with it now, If they get mad at you later I will bet they will bring it up then.
Do I have a problem if my neighbors see me nude, no. But they might and that is a problem.

Again, just my opinion

This post was edited

Good idea Cheri i'll check laws :):)I knowww Phil but i can't show like a full face picture or too much info or my friends or family might find out. Theyre prudes and before i got married my dad called me a sl*t for wearing bikinis in the house 2 years ago when my boyfriend was visiting, but i'll add more info now :)elly

Wow... I usually don't advocate divorce or breaking up a relationship, but man... ONE time of someone calling my wife a slut? They'd end up with a black eye and the last thing that they would see would be me and my wife slamming the door behind us!!! You DON'T NEED to be in a relationship like this. However, I will also agree with everyone else in here that it takes HONESTY and COMMUNICATION from BOTH sides to make a good relationship work. And just in case you feel like I am not an expert... My wife and I have been married for over 35 years and we dated for 5 before that. I tell her EVERYTHING and she knows me and I know her....
You both sound like you could use a good counselor for your relationship. Good luck!!!

This post was edited