RE:My Ideal Sailboat.

There is nothing more peaceful than sailing nude with a light breeze.
Sailing naked in the Bahamas right now. Heading out soon for the Chesapeake. Be there by June.

This post was edited

95, I have a mkii. I agree they are doing something right. It checks all of the boxes. Trailerable, fun to sail. 4 people comfortable in cockpit. And capable of overnight.

This post was edited

There is nothing more peaceful than sailing nude with a light breeze.Sailing naked in the Bahamas right now. Heading out soon for the Chesapeake. Be there by June.

Where in the Chesapeake? Im WAY up north bay. Send me a pm when you arrive.

This post was edited

Another option might be a Shark. Lots in the Great Lakes area, and a draft 38" without a drop keel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_24

This post was edited

Ideal; well, I just single handily sailed a 45' cat around the USVI for a week, (not by choice, but only because my fellow crew got covid). And I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was with 2 electric winches. New Robertson and Crane boat. great design for bare boating charter. I'm sure there are much nicer boats out there in that size, definitely with an owner layout. But handled great for a floating RV.
So, that's the dream boat. (if I had invested in bitcoin, it would have been a 75' cat, but crap, who knew!!).
For the time being, I am perfectly satisfied, cruising around the ICW (florida) with the hobie getaway.

This post was edited

There is nothing more peaceful than sailing nude with a light breeze.Sailing naked in the Bahamas right now. Heading out soon for the Chesapeake. Be there by June.Where in the Chesapeake? Im WAY up north bay. Send me a pm when you arrive.

Other than going to Deltaville VA for a haulout, we have no idea where we're going to go. Just heard it was a good place to gunkhole for the summer. Will try to pick your brain when we get closer.

This post was edited

I totally agree

This post was edited

we started with a Catalina 22... great boat, we just out grew it with a growing family. A lot of boat for the money. I sold it after 4 yrs of using it for the same amount I paid for it! We moved up the Catalina line to a 30, then a 36. I loved the 36, easy to single hand and comfortable for the family. I have moved up to the Beneteau now... it is like going from a Chevy to a Cadillac (also helps that it is 15 yrs newer than my 36 was ..lol)

I will be learning to sail at the end of the month, taking the ASA 101, 103, and the 104 certifications. If you are going out sometime and need some deckhands, I would like to go as well. I have heard a lot about the Beneteaus abilities and would like to feel it in action sometime!

ntuidme@yahoo.com
Tim

This post was edited

we started with a Catalina 22... great boat, we just out grew it with a growing family. A lot of boat for the money. I sold it after 4 yrs of using it for the same amount I paid for it! We moved up the Catalina line to a 30, then a 36. I loved the 36, easy to single hand and comfortable for the family. I have moved up to the Beneteau now... it is like going from a Chevy to a Cadillac (also helps that it is 15 yrs newer than my 36 was ..lol)

I will be learning to sail at the end of the month, taking the ASA 101, 103, and the 104 certifications. If you are going out sometime and need some deckhands, I would like to go as well. I have heard a lot about the Beneteaus abilities and would like to feel it in action sometime!

ntuidme@yahoo.com
Tim

This post was edited

well, totally ideal, would be a grumman albatros. 2 awesome sounding growling engines, an awesome place to hang a hammock between either engine and the wing tip pylon. None of the slow ass speeds of boats and twice the fun.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy