RE:A Different Twist On The Men's Room

I use the backyard and I have about 4 acres of land to piss in

This post was edited

My personal preference is not to have my yard reek of piss.

It won't if you use a decent disinfectant once in a while. So that answers your silly response.

This post was edited

Yeah. I think not. I'd make the trek to the bathroom.

This post was edited

Yeah. I think not. I'd make the trek to the bathroom.

The urge comes on suddenly and that trek to the bathroom can be too long. I've even had wet pants trying to get to the back of the garage when I have been working at the front. Wintertime can really be tough when I am wearing a heavy jacket and insulated bib overalls. Diapers catch the leakage but will not hold a full bladder. Then you do have to go inside and get completely undressed.

This post was edited

I have always peed outside when outside and as for smell I have never smelt it and Ive been doing it a long time

This post was edited

I hosted 6 young men who were doing a long distance bike ride. I live rural and therefore am on a septic system. I host travelers often and generally only have one rule " make yourself at home". But with a large group I added a couple more " rules". One of which would help the septic system not be overwhelmed. When I told the guys " if you have to pee , use the yard" I was met with a hearty round of enthusiastic yeses!

This post was edited

True in both respects. Only persistently using the same spot creates an odour problem. In the winter, peeing on a weed is a good way to kill it without chemicals. The frosted weed does not like the hot liquid. If it's stubborn, repeat the drill.

Research online informed me that the best "use" for urine is on the compost heap. Even peeing on a pile of lawn clippings, helps it to break down faster. Even if you pee inside, use a bottle and save until you have a couple of litres to pour over the compost, especially if dried leaves or something not breaking down in the compost.

Latrines usually smell due to the concentrated use and lack of airflow, plus perhaps lack of cleaning all surfaces, and heat of the sun, certainly elevates the odour.

On the farm we always peed outside, as did all the animals. Scientists are now developing a urinal for cows to try and reduce the nitrates leaching into the soil, in concentrations that can damage lakes. But an individual at home in his garden does not have the volume to cause a problem.

If it's private, not a trafficked area, doesn't smell, involves a variety of spots, and done discretely, peeing outside is absolutely fine.

This post was edited

If I am working in our (private) rear garden, I'll just pee into a drain. We have enough rain that there is never a residual urine stain or smell. On board a yacht, I encourage all menfolk to pee overboard in the night, unless berthed somewhere like in a public marina. This reduces the number of times we have to go far from land to empty the holding tank.

This post was edited