RE:Nudism Impact on Sexuality

Well said, Andy.

As for that Aussie TV show, my only thought was that nudists are probably pre-selected as being more adventurous and honest with their partners (especially if those partners are also nudists), so I'd expect them to have better sex lives on the average. It's not that nudity encourages better sexual relations, but that both spring from the same source... honesty and willingness to think "outside the box."

This post was edited

I was not exposed to nudism by so called normal nudist parents. My father was always away, I rarely saw him.
My mother was a bit of a hippie and simply allowed me to go naked as a child anywhere and all the time. By the time puberty came I was a total exhibitionist to the point my mother was often called to school to talk to faculty about me exposing myself.
After a few trips to a psychiatrist and him telling her to let me be it would pass she allowed a long term friend of hers to take me to a nudist park.
Turns out he liked young boys so my sexual awakening was him and his circle of friends.
Lucky for me he and his friends never hurt or injured me. I never contracted any stds. For most of my teenage years I thought all this was normal guy stuff.
At 18 a sympathetic 55 year old woman took me under her wing and taught me male female sex.
As for nudism, social nudism I love it but partly for the wrong reason as I am still an exhibitionist.
I do well in nude social settings , people like my company,
And most everyone knows I always want to be nude, even my clothed non nudist friends and neighbors. In casual settings I often ask and am allowed to be nude in the homes of clothed people.
Nudism was part of an odd upbringing and has never limited my sexuality but I feel has calmed me down as I integrated nudity into my everyday life.

This post was edited

What nudism has done for me is to uncouple the notions of nudity and sex. That's a big step for a person raised in a culture where nudity has been equated with sex, to the point where even all-male or all-female showering or swimming is taboo on the grounds that it somehow promotes homosexuality.

So the sight of a naked female no longer triggers an automatic sexual response. That may have something to do with a decreasing libido as I get older, but even when I was a horny teenager, I found that after a few minutes of being in a situation with lots of naked men and women, I was no longer afraid of getting an erection.

Seeing nudity in an obviously sexual context still evokes a sexual response in me, thank God, but it's no longer a reflexive response, like Pavlov's dogs conditioned to salivate at the sound of a bell.

This post was edited

Why would being a nudist have any impact at all on one's sexuality? Nudists can be (and usually are) sexual people as much as anyone else; but the reason why you're a nudist is what determines if you're a nudist or just someone who gets naked a lot for various other reasons. Nudism and sexuality are separate things, and nudity =/= nudism. Again, I'm not saying nudists are all celibate monks or anything -- but these two streams are not crossed, though sometimes one can appear like the other.

I respect your views, but why is duality necessary between nudism and sexuality? Why can't they be part of one healthy whole? Why can't the same sense of passion in sexuality be embedded in other parts of life? Why can't we cook food and drink wine tasting the subtleties in our core? Why can't we go out in the rain or shower naked and feel the full sensuality of the water hitting our skin akin to a sexual experience? I can understand why two "behavior streams" should not be crossed, but I believe that spirituality and sexuality are essentially two expressions of the same deep desire to be fully alive and present. That's easier without clothes than with, and entail a deep and resounding passion which is not limited to our outward expression or behavior.

This post was edited

I agree with you. When I am nude outdoors with people I am conscious of the breezes on my body, especially my penis. I love looking at other men and women who are nude and admiring their bodies. I see what is beautiful about people, the softness of their skin and their curves. This stirs all sorts of erotic feelings in me.

This post was edited

Personally nudism impacted my sexuality positively.
Public nudism helped me become less body conscious and more body confident. Inspired me to look after my body better and eat healthier as a result. Nudity with friends has brought us closer (I feel) than we would be clothed. It also helped me become more open minded exploring sexuality.
So all positive I feel.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy