Me too? Lets Stop the Hate!

As a man, Im tired of the man hating rhetoric thats all too common nowadays.

So many single men are excluded or treated like outcasts in nudist clubs etc - and thats plain wrong! So Ive just posted the above topic where women will likely see and perhaps respond in the Ladies Room Forum.

Id value mens opinions there too.

This topic was edited
RE:Me too? Lets Stop the Hate!

As a man, Im tired of the man hating rhetoric thats all too common nowadays.So many single men are excluded or treated like outcasts in nudist clubs etc - and thats plain wrong! So Ive just posted the above topic where women will likely see and perhaps respond in the Ladies Room Forum.Id value mens opinions there too.

Being constantly vilified simply because Im a Caucasian male is offensive and disheartening. In public we are all viewed with distrust due to the very small percentage of actually harmful males. Its tiring, its hurtful, its not even true reality. There are in the main good men in the world and positive male role models. But the media and the radical extreme feminists dont celebrate them but rather highlight any bad behaviour by a male. Statistically, more women kill their children and spouses worldwide so the same media tell us but in a tiny column hidden near the end of the news section.
If men started a group that behaved as radical feminists do it would probably be condemned as a terrorist organisation internationally. Men can be and are considered guilty by media and feminists before even being taken to court. Having been an emergency services worker, I can attest that in any domestic violence call out it is presumed that the offender is male. I can also attest that Ive treated many male victims of domestic violence and assault and whereas males tend to use their hands, women more often used weapons. My country has women demanding stronger and harsher domestic violence laws, but only if the perpetrator is male.
I have even been a victim of domestic violence from a female spouse (thankfully no longer a part of my life). When I was young I was raised to never raise a hand to a female, but they never taught us what to do if the female assaulted us. In addition, women are permitted here to recant their excuses for injury at the emergency department, men cannot. And so it goes on.
Feminists have no interest in equality, they want total dominance of all males.
Im sick of the term toxic masculinity too.

This post was edited

White Male Lives Matter Too!

This post was edited

White Male Lives Matter Too!

Of course the do, but white male lives are not at higher risk of discrimination, violence or murder.

This post was edited

White Male Lives Matter Too!Of course the do, but white male lives are not at higher risk of discrimination, violence or murder.

I was thinking the same. This happens when people can have a look to what happens worldwide.

This post was edited

White Male Lives Matter Too!Of course the do, but white male lives are not at higher risk of discrimination, violence or murder.

In some places in the USA, white male lives clearly do not matter. Trump was and still is very popular with white males and there are reasons for this support.

Question: Person A or Person B. Which one is a racist?

Person A = A white male flies a confederate flag in his yard to show his beliefs.

Person B = A black male flies the Black Lives Matter flag in his yard to show his beliefs.

Believe it or not, they both are! This answer is the honest truth even though most people refuse to except it.

Question: Who is at a higher risk of violence and murder and who is committing this violence and murder?

This post was edited

I must disagree on your assumption on question #1; flying a representation of your ideals does not automatically make you a racist of any sort. Question #2 is easily answered if your check crime statistics of both victim & perpetrator.

This post was edited

In some places in the USA, white male lives clearly do not matter.

I'm a white male and have never felt that my life does not matter. I'm also an immigrant kid, born in the US, growing up speaking another language, but I've never felt unwelcome or that I don't belong. My great uncle came to the US as an 11 year old with $5 and became a multi-millionaire back in 50's when a million was worth something. Show my a postcard of the Chicago skyline and I'll point out what he built. Of course I'm proud of him, his hard work and determination in living the American dream. But go up a bit higher in that postcard and I can pencil in lines where neighborhoods were segregated with housing covenants, a legalized discrimination that kept people of color from access to the American Dream. My dad was a farm boy in Scandinavia during WWII and managed to buy the house I grew up in that increased in value twenty times in 50 years, wealth creation that helped my siblings and I get college degrees. I'm no less proud of those accomplishments when I acknowledge that a black veteran who stormed Normandy was legally stuck in a neighborhood where housing prices hardly kept up with inflation, and his kids and grandkids weren't afforded the same opportunities as us. Their lives and their futures matter too, and they happen to be black.
If we really believe in the American dream, we believe that's it's a dream afforded to all. It's not a net sum game where someone else's gains are my loss. I feel sad for my white male peers who have lived lives with wonderful opportunity, hard work and privilege but somehow feel so threatened and insecure. The only thing life really offers us is to be born and die, and hopefully love and respect one another in the interim. We're in that middle space now. It deserves generosity, levity and gratitude. As nudists we can strip off our clothes and know there's more where they came from. We're entitled to nothing. It's all a gift. Your life clearly does matter - in contributing to a better world for tomorrow.

This post was edited

Yup.

And there's a weird thing here with ideas about race and feminism getting muddled and what I see is a lot of non existence of real oppression. BLM has been around for a decade. It's always been about addressing the inequality of outcomes Black people face when dealing with cops. Why that so inflames some of us I don't know but ten years in, an anemic "white lives matter" that's not anything to do with police violence... what is it about? Because I assure you, there's no persecution of white people for being white. None. You're not going to get redlined. You're not getting profiled in Walmart. You're not being denied service. Shot at a traffic stop for being white by cops. Given twice the sentence for the same crime as Black men. Paid 78 cents to the dollar for the same job a woman does. The list is very long.

It actually takes a complete and utter lack of understanding about what it's like to be racialized in the US and of course, most white dudes think they're experts in that despite no lived experience. That's the only way you get to be an expert in being Black but not actually Black as well as suffering oppression for being white. I'm going with maybe whatever is eating you has nothing to do with race and the media you consume tells you it is so you'll stay stuck in white lives matter because the Black folks are not being totally quiet again. Doesn't that get really obviously tired? If your neighbor has diabetes do you shout all diseases matter or my lumbago? No. You don't. You say, that's awful. I have been suffering from sciatica. Or, hey neighbor, it must be awful to be afraid of the cops and not living through a traffic stop. I don't know what that's like but I have lived with fear and I don't want anyone to feel that way (it's a lot better than WLM which is... kinda fashy).

The admission policies at nudist and naturist clubs are demonstrably unfair. This has been pointed out constitutionally and with respect to human rights many times. You can gripe about it or you can fight for reform. You don't need to take pot shots at Black people to do it nor does your race matter here. This is gender inequity. And rather than rehashing the sordid mess over these now 30 year old policies, and going in on women and minorities isn't it time to fight for your rights? And no, giving others rights doesn't mean your pile got stolen from. That's not how it works. Your rights are being infringed by a policy that discriminates against men. The judges courts and their bureaucracy do not care about radical feminism nor your worries about it (I don't think the portrayal of this body of literature is remotely credible). They want to hear arguments about rights and discrimination on the whole. You can respond with just "the organization discriminates against men". Then show why. This is much more effective and expressive of the core complaint. Justice in this case is about getting what's denied returned not anything to do with punishment of feminism or BLM.

I'm up for seeing the complainants fix the problem. I have been an activist agitator and social movement supporter all my life. I've done my bit. Organize yourselves.

This post was edited

In some places in the USA, white male lives clearly do not matter. Trump was and still is very popular with white males and there are reasons for this support.

Question: Person A or Person B. Which one is a racist?

Person A = A white male flies a confederate flag in his yard to show his beliefs.

Person B = A black male flies the Black Lives Matter flag in his yard to show his beliefs.

Believe it or not, they both are! This answer is the honest truth even though most people refuse to except it.

No. It isn't. But you're not going to listen to reason and you are obviously determined to equate the people who fought a war to keep slaves and their cause (don't try me on that flag the designer has been very helpful in telling us it's a white power and supremacy symbol) with the descendants of those same slaves and a movement against police brutality in the Black community. It's a real tour de force but you must really be scared of Black folks to think this. Again, the media you consume is not anything accurate or designed to help you understand. This is the job it does. Total and utter befuddled and conflicted ideas half baked. Y'all want to be oppressed so bad you can't see someone else's symbol of liberation as anything but your oppression (remember, the pro slavery flag isn't about liberation).

This post was edited

Some great responses here. I really wish there was a like button. Stoneandy and nudistpig said it so well. Theres a huge misunderstanding by many of what BLM is all about and why it exists. In our businesses we employ a lot of great people and a lot of them happen to have a genetic trait that makes their skin dark while a few others have genetic traits making their hair blonde or making them short etc. The point is they are all *people*. Unfortunately those with the dark skin genes have lived with a lot of hardships pushed upon them over many generations. Being people that do not have that dark skin gene, we will never fully understand the fear and hardships people who happen to be black have and do face. But employing and getting to know some of them over many years has been a privilege to learn from them and be able to get their perspective on issues. I have no idea if its a coincidence or not but almost all of our best employees and in managerial roles happen to be black*people* who happen to have genetic traits for dark skin. And, yes, regardless of whatever genetic trait they have they are people and we reward them the same for doing a great job. I know for a fact we are not perfect in understanding or doing the right thing, but we try and we appreciate it when people let us know we missed something or we dont understand some issue they face.

This post was edited