Texas Camping

Is there anyone in Texas that knows of a place to go tent camping near a body of water that is not state controlled. Looking for a place that i can go camping, fishing and enjoy a campfire with a few cold ones. The lakes around Weatherford, TX are mostly ran by the state, i don't mind these type of camping places, but i wouldn't be able to get away with possibly fishing in the nude, or skinny dipping. Anyone have a favorite fishing camping place that you wouldn't mind sharing?

This topic was edited
RE:Texas Camping

Im not sure, but if you find a place let me know. Im in the Burleson area. There are some campsites around Benbrook lake that might be secluded enough.

-Mike

This post was edited

I know a few places in the Waco area one of which is pretty public and off the beaten path near the Brazos River. There are also Hey couple of private nudist campgrounds in the area from waco on down to Navasota. Email me and Ill send you a location,

This post was edited
Nude camping in Tx

I just purchased 20 acres outside of El Paso building a pond now and I will be dedicating it as a Nude Camp in and Reasort it is just now getting started so if you would like some information private message me

This post was edited

I know a few places in the Waco area one of which is pretty public and off the beaten path near the Brazos River. There are also Hey couple of private nudist campgrounds in the area from waco on down to Navasota. Email me and Ill send you a location,

I would like to hear more about these places around Waco. I didn't know of any place around here.

This post was edited

There is the beach in corpus its an unofficial nude beach you can camp drink beer have a camp fire fish and swim its 1 1/2 mile past Bob Hall Pier I go all the time

This post was edited

Lake Meredith north of Amarillo in the panhandle is a national park. I go free hiking around the lake, but have never seen anyone trying to fish nude. Before all of the droughts, the lake was about 100' deep, and 26 miles long. It is about 50 ft low. I think it is the only lake in the state with Walleye.

This post was edited

My brother lives on farm land that I used to go hunting and fishing on nude most of the time. We don't really get along now days so that is over.

I was just thinking, land owners lease out their land to deer hunters, I wonder if any would be interested in leasing out for naturists.

This post was edited

most Texas lands are privately owned.. with no BLM land, but The National Parks (Fed) has land north of Houston; The issue is several homesteads are in the park. There is also LBJ Grasslands, with same issue.

About the only place is some county land along the gulf coast.

Your best bet is nudist camps and private farmland for east texas. In west texas you many more options on, yep, state land. The desert has some wonderful places to see and camp remotely.

This post was edited

Been to both these places myself. Great choices. Just be prepared for many many mosquitoes on the Beach. It is right across from the swamp. Also be sure to go the next county east along the beach to avoid any issues. I think it is a couple of miles. There is a fence defining the line.

This post was edited