RE:The Mankind Project (or similar groups)

Em1dub and FreeLee you both understand that a group like MKP is an imperfect organization of imperfect men helping other imperfect men step up and show up. It's not the answer, we're the answer, but we can't know it and above all we can't be it alone, especially in a society where men often find themselves making excuses that masculinity is something toxic rather than something to claim to help change the world for the better. The concept of being a "better man" is often one who's compromised. Maybe instead we all need one another's support at being better at being men. And maybe the questions and awareness are what drives us more than the answers.

In my case, my exwife's mental health changed from her pregnancies and she withdrew, eventually claiming that her friends informed her that I wasn't what she had signed up for. I had given everything to our relationship and to being a father and coparent with her only to face the reality that I could only be the father my sons deserved by letting her walk. Walk she did, eventually into a relationship with an alcoholic abusive cop who would take her to her four surgeries from the injuries he caused. That left me parenting two sons without a roadmap who spent a lot of time acting out in reaction to the lack of emotional stability at their mother's home as we share custody. MKP helped me be a greater man than what I was prepared for mostly be reminding me I was alone but not all on my own.

Men such as Ben60174 think they own their power by shooting troll thoughts straight from the hip, but instead they are giving up their power as men to live beyond the immediate emotions and circumstance of where and who they find themselves. So many men are hurt and compromised and lash out. I believe my sons and I would be too without the support I've gotten from other men, including but not limited to MKP. They've taught me to give what I've been given, setting boundaries but being open even to brothers like Ben60174 . We're in this together, and starting out naked (with no regard to blood flow!) puts us far ahead of most men. And thank God for the women like Em1dub's and FreeLee's spouses who seem to get it. One positive development I see in feminism today is that feminist mothers often are the first to understand (if not admit) that they don't want their sons' lives battered in the same way that has happened to their sons' fathers.

This post was edited

Getting erections on front of kids or being around them when they are nude and hard is twisted. You cant justify it.

This post was edited

I respect your opinion even if we don't agree. However, the topic of erections derailed the discussion about MKP and other groups. Do you have any thoughts about men benefiting from the support of other men? It's hard to do it alone, and I'm not referring to erections.

This post was edited

With respect I think youve gone off on a tangent Ben60174. And equally, with respect, your profile references looking for sex or hookups in both your About Me and Who Id Like To Meet sections. Ive no problem with that though you might be better served by the sister site Trueswingers and many would feel that your approach is not what nudism / naturism is usually about which is commonly defined as non-sexual social nudity etc. Personally Im not into people judging other people and making grand pronouncements on who is or isnt a genuine naturist etc but your perspectives are clearly not those of someone whos experienced a lot of social nudity with all ages present and I would respectfully take issue with is the fact that youre projecting your more sexual perspectives on social nudity onto others who are being completely misrepresented by what you ( Ben60174 )wrote:
Getting erections on front of kids or being around them when they are nude and hard is twisted. You cant justify it.

This post was edited