Genital piercings and Doctors physical for new job.

Just curious if there's anyone out there that has had a physical done for a new job or for any other reason for that matter....and left your PA or other piercings in, just wondering what the reaction was like from the person giving the exam, and what might have been said?

This topic was edited
RE:Genital piercings and Doctors physical for new job.

Mine has never been seen by a doctor. However, a friend of mine has visited a few different doctors while wearing is PA. He hasnt had any negative reactions to it. Not even by a female dermatologist. He says theres either nothing said or matter of fact statements. One urologist stated that he was going to take extra care not to damage it during a procedure.

This post was edited

I have both piercings and a tattoo. I have told doctors "I have some decorations down there". During an annual physical the doctor asked if I ever had any redness or inflammation. I said no and that was it.

This post was edited

The other day I was getting my annual skin check at the dermatologist. As he was inspecting my son and dictating to the nurse I noticed something catch his eye for a moment. He kept dictating. I said that if he's every had any curiosity now is his chance. The nurse asked what I said. Doctor replied the I had a piercing. The nurse immediately said she didn't want to know anything about that and moved to the other side of the room. After a moment the doctor began asking questions about my PA and taking a closer look. His nurse became curious with the discussion and also came over to ask some questions and examine the piercing. I am an extremely curious man, but, given opportunity and permission, I think most people are curious about things that are unfamiliar to them. Other doctors have not had any adverse reactions to seeing a piercing. I'm sure your won't be the first one they've seen.

This post was edited

I have a hafada piercing, and the ring I chose to put on my scrotum is a titanium segment ring (looks like there's no beginning/end). I do not take it out for anything, thus far, other than laser hair removal. I have had CT scans with it in, physical exams, and even surgery (to remove my gallbladder). My medical staff have always been more shocked over the fact that I can't take it off without a special pair of pliers far more than they have been about the fact that I have the piercing in the first place. For laser hair removal I simply bring the ring-opening pliers with me, take the ring out before the treatment, and then put it back in immediately afterwards. The only reason I even bother with that is because the laser was for a Brazilian, and the ring would heat up from the laser and no one wants that, lol.

This post was edited

My female urologist sees all my piercings and doesnt bat an eye. Twice she had a female PA or RN in training with her. I asked about the shock factor. She said not an issue and it wasnt. Both thanked me for helping them learn. Im her most multi pierced patient ever.

This post was edited

Thanks for the replies and great comments! I'll definitely be rethinking about removing my jewelry before an exam. Thanks for the input.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy