Why am I a nudist?

I know, this question has been done to death, but here is my experience. Would be glad to hear that of other elegant ladies. Gentlemen, you are of a lesser interest here but of course, if you wish do share, please do... Why of a lesser interest? Because number one you are used to letting it all out from sports, even army maybe, number two 96% of you love to see naked girls and number three this is a ladies' group :).

Growing up as a tall and not too ugly girl I was used to attract a lot of attention - and to discourage it. I was dressing elegantly, but I was extremely shy, not even my mom or my closest girl friends could see my boobs. Then one day, about 7 years, Daniel took me to a clothing optional beach and almost forced my out of my clothes. I was all red in the face and so shameful I couldn't even look around. But once he dragged me to the water, it all made sense. So 3 things for me.

1. The sun and the water on my naked body. Lovely. And then, when you get out, you are dry in 2 min. No wet plastic to keep you boobs and buttocks cold for hours.

2. I am a people watcher. I like to watch people in the nude. Have you noticed that people make far more sense naked than strangulated by swimsuits? And yes, I also like to look at people's private parts. I think they are nice and natural and I am pleased to see them out in the open.

3. People notice my big body. When I'm dressed their look is hidden and dark. I know that they imagine me nude. When I'm nude, people smile, sometime wave. The sight of my body gives them pleasure and is such a small effort for me to gift this to them. It's a nice atmosphere. I like to see people, they like to see me, all of me, nothing hidden, not even our pleasure measured in smiles.

This topic was edited
RE:Why am I a nudist?

I didnt first try nudism until about 16 years ago.
We had just moved to a new house and the kids were at a new school.
My daughter made friends with a girl who was from a nudist family.
Anyway, she and her family invited us family to their house for a BBQ, swim in their pool and to try nudism.
Naturally my then bf and I talked about it with the kids and we all decided to give it a try.
I, like Flora loved the feeling of the water, sun and air on my body.
I've always enjoyed swimming in pools and I enjoyed it even more while naked.
It seemed natural to me probably because I would always walk naked from my bedroom to the bathroom and back again. I couldnt see the point in taking a wet towel to my bedroom, only to have to take it back again.
My greatest joy was walking along the shores of a nude beach and watching heads turn as I walked by. ;)

This post was edited

Thank you Kerrie. Yes I'm sure people turned their heads looking at you while promenading nude on the shore. I wouldn't have turned my head but be sure that my eyes would have tripled in size behind my elegant sunglasses and my pulse would have doubled despite my nonchalant pose :).

This post was edited

Nudism, for me, is all about the freedom and getting back to nature. It seems we connect better as humans when were naked. Conversation is more natural - therere no shields up and nothing to hide.
My wife and I are naked a lot around the house and back yard. We didnt venture into social nudism until a couple of years ago. Now theres no going back. We love the camaraderie and support nudists have for each other.

This post was edited

That is a great way to look at things and the right way to be. Beautiful

This post was edited

I am a nudist because my husband Brian and I went to the nude beach at our vacation resort over 10 years ago. I had never thought about nudism before and when Brian suggested we go to the beach I agreed but only out of curiosity. I told Brian that there was absolutely no way I would be taking my swimsuit off. When we got to the beach there were several other couples there, all in the nude. Brian soon took the plunge and took his swimsuit off while I kept mine on. I could not help noticing that the nudists all seemed very comfortable, relaxed and unconcerned about their nudity. It just looked so natural to them. So after a lot of badgering from Brian I took my bikini top off and after more badgering my bottom. I could not believe how much different it felt to be nude compared to when I had my bikini on. It felt wonderful to feel the sun and air flowing all over my naked body and after only a few minutes I forgot that I had nothing on and neither did anyone else on the beach.

For the rest of our vacation we went exclusively to the nude beach and met some very friendly people there. When we got home we continued to go nude around the house and had our kids join us too. Our son was 6 and our daughter was 5 then. Kids that age are natural nudists - they love to run around and play with nothing on. So for the last 10 years we have been a nudist family. We found out that there were several nudist resorts close to where we live so we joined one of them. Over the years we have become very good friends with other couples and families with whom we enjoy our nude times together.

Nudism has been very good for our self- confidence and body image and we really enjoy social nudity with our friends. Our only regret is that we did not discover this wonderful lifestyle much earlier in our lives.

This post was edited

Thank you Linda, sounds very much how I started out. We women are the civilizing factor of humanity but let's give credit where credit is due: more often than not, these fine gentlemen are its nudifying factor.

This post was edited