Topless Tide Turning

A Maryland court is hearing a challenge to a ban on women going topless on the beach . On a positive note a judge in the case stated that
public sensibilities and legal standards have changed over time, citing Supreme Court decisions overturning laws that criminalized interracial marriage and sexual activity between same-sex adults." Were not in the same Neanderthal-type environment," he said.
Oh my, what progress we have made.
However, least we be too optimistic one response to this news was this: "Most of the time, I don't want to see shirtless men on the beach, much less topless women. Most of the men aren't The Rock, and most of the women aren't exactly Elizabeth Hurley"
So there is hope but a very long way to go, maybe we have a public relations problem. LOL

This topic was edited
RE:Topless Tide Turning

However, least we be too optimistic one response to this news was this: "Most of the time, I don't want to see shirtless men on the beach, much less topless women. Most of the men aren't The Rock, and most of the women aren't exactly Elizabeth Hurley"

Oh brother! Whoever wrote that most likely has issues looking at themselves in the mirror. And Id be willing to bet they are also a conservative evangelical Christian which always cracks me up because when they spout this type of stuff they are criticizing Gods image.

I very easily could be wrong but I kind of doubt it.

This post was edited

And you are no Einstein. So I don't want to hear something from you.

This post was edited

ABSEIL wrote

And Strandjunge59 responded:

And you are no Einstein. So I don't want to hear something from you.

Where did that come from? You don't have to be an Einstein (and I'm not one, either) to see that the quoted person doesn't have a clue about what social nudism is about. We don't go to the beach to see Rock and Hurley look-alikes. We go there because we like to be nude outdoors, with other people just like us.

It's the quoter's attitude that really has to be changed here. And that will take time, although there are quite a few places in Maryland that would be good for nude activities... a whole seacoast on the Atlantic, and wooded areas galore.

This post was edited

Where did that come from? You don't have to be an Einstein (and I'm not one, either) to see that the quoted person doesn't have a clue about what social nudism is about.

I am sorry about the misunderstanding with my post. I thought if i write in the same style than the qouted person it is clear that it is an answer to the quoted person and not to ABSEIL. Perhaps i should mark it as a joke or a ironic saying. I have the same opinion like ABSEIL and you and find the qouted saying impossible.

This post was edited

We really need to give the Evangelical Christian & Bubba labels a long, long rest. I know it is used as an overall umbrella for perceived traits...but its getting a little tired. Please & thank you.

This post was edited

"Oh brother! Whoever wrote that most likely has issues looking at themselves in the mirror. And Id be willing to bet they are also a conservative evangelical Christian which always cracks me up because when they spout this type of stuff they are criticizing Gods image."

AS a conservative evangelical Christian NUDIST I think that particular take on a narrow minded quote may be just a little judgmental and biased . In Canada women are legal entitled to go topless if that is their choice and there are no specifications on who they need to look like. The case went all the way to the supreme court of Canada and most of the objection were sexually driven. The court made no mention of the sexuality issue but determined the case based on non-discrimination laws already on the books. They had two choices...require men to wear shirts at any time in public or allow women to be also shirtless in public. I think they made the right decision even though there was a lot of upset folks at the decision.
There are prudes and ignorant people totally unclear on the tenets of social nudity from every race, colour and creed just as there are nudist supporters or enthusiasts in any of those groups.

This post was edited

AS a conservative evangelical Christian NUDIST I think that particular take on a narrow minded quote may be just a little judgmental and biased .There are prudes and ignorant people totally unclear on the tenets of social nudity from every race, colour and creed just as there are nudist supporters or enthusiasts in any of those groups.

You are correct, as I said, I could be wrong. And you are absolutely correct there are uptight people in every group, but if you look through these forums and from my experience objections to nudity like those in the original quote are far more likely to have come conservative evangelical Christian textiles.

Before COVID one Sunday a visiting pastor to our church got into a story about seeing people a a beach (textile) and various swimsuits. I was really bothered as he talked about overweight and other people wearing suits and repeatedly said things like I dont want to see that or people should be subjected to seeing that and even used the word disgusting. To me he was saying Gods creation is disgusting because if looking at people is disgusting and we are made in Gods image then God or at least his creation is disgusting.

This post was edited

If you don't want to see people you're welcome to look elsewhere or close your eyes.

Problem solved.

It's ridiculous how everyone feels they have a right to see everything but that no one (other than them, of course) has the right to be seen. People like that should have a mask glued over their eyes for 90 days so they have to experience the world blind. It'd teach them some damned perspective and hopefully make them give a little thanks for the gift of sight.

Maybe it'd help them stop being be self centered selfish pricks, too, but that's probably too much to hope for.

This post was edited

@CodeBare. Like!

This post was edited

In Canada women are legal entitled to go topless if that is their choice and there are no specifications on who they need to look like.

Actually, that's only specifically been addressed in Ontario and BC in a few court cases. It's fuzzier in other provinces.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy