RE:Male v Female

Speaking from my own experience and what I know about my female friends, women enjoy showing enough to get a reaction or a little attention as long as it doesn't go beyond their comfort zone. A LOT of the women I know are extremely insecure, even when they have no reason to be. They're afraid the reaction they get is not going to be the one they prefer, so they get as close as they can to provoking a desired reaction without committing all the way.

This post was edited

Welcome to the site, Peansandie!

And thanks for the insight. It correlates with much of what I've seen. Women are more pressured to "look pretty" than men are. I was thinking about that when I was watching the Late Show and noticed that the male guests (and Stephen Colbert, the host) were usually in either suits or casual wear, whereas the female guests were usually more likely to have revealing dresses and bare arms and shoulders. The women have a sort of license for dressing up that men don't have.

And women have more of a license to wear yoga pants in public when it flatters their figure (and, frankly, sometimes when it doesn't), but when men do it, it looks weird.

But that license works two ways. It also seems to give the men license to make advances that aren't welcome, when men misconstrue such apparel as an invitation to flirt. Hence the allegation that women who are assaulted were "asking for it" by dressing a certain way.

I don't know the answer, except that men have to be taught to respect boundaries, especially the boundaries set by women in their degree of intimacy or familiarity.

This post was edited

But that license works two ways. It also seems to give the men license to make advances that aren't welcome, when men misconstrue such apparel as an invitation to flirt. Hence the allegation that women who are assaulted were "asking for it" by dressing a certain way.I don't know the answer, except that men have to be taught to respect boundaries, especially the boundaries set by women in their degree of intimacy or familiarity.

I think this right here hits the nail on the head. Even in nudist venues and on nudist sites like this one too many men think a nude woman or even one wearing revealing clothing is an open invitation to flirt whether it's invited or not. I see so many cringeworthy comments on the photos women do happen to post I can understand why women are hesitant to participate more in social nudity. All these comments where they are laying on the "dear"s and "sweeties" and wanting to be the first to let them know just how "beautiful" they are don't help. Sure they might indeed be beautiful but before talking to a woman you've literally never met before in your life, how about toning down the horndog hormones for about five minutes and talk to her like one might to another fellow nudist who you're not fantasizing about potentially having sex with? Maybe instead of leading out with all of the dears and honeys like you've been close friends your whole life maybe comment on the background scenery, what their favorite places to visit nude are or how long they've been a practicing nudist. Something, anything besides the plastic, canned, used car salesman lines about "Oh dear! You are so beautiful! I love your _insert body part_. Please post more pictures!"

I can practically hear you salivating from here and make no mistake they can too. It's no wonder they're creeped out. Geez! Some of y'all need to get ahold of yourselves. No not like that! Lol.

This post was edited

Speaking from my own experience and what I know about my female friends, women enjoy showing enough to get a reaction or a little attention as long as it doesn't go beyond their comfort zone.

On that note: it is also a lot about control. With clothing, women can control how they are perceived. The fashion industry makes this very easy to do, with clothing made for all body types; emphasizing or de-emphasizing the various body parts (namely hips, legs and breasts).

In a naked environment, that control is pretty much gone. Sagging breasts can no longer seem perky with the right bra, cellulite can no longer be disguised by the right compression shorts/pants. This is an unappealing prospect to a lot of women. Oftentimes, it is only after seeing other women being comfortable with social nudity that they reevaluate their need to control their appearance - in a nudist setting.

This post was edited

I agree with @nudon whole heartedly on this subject. I feel that this is the foremost reason that women are so hard to get to participate in nudist activities. In my own relationship, my wife is a beautiful woman who is maturing very nicely but thinks that she will be perceived as an old bitty and rejected. I've dealt with this every day in our 50+ years together, to no avail. She has no qualms in my being a nudist but refuses to do so herself. I have only had the great chance to get her to go into our very secluded back yard and be amours with me four or five times in our marriage. I deal with it and enjoy myself naked and she accepts it wholeheartedly, just not with her participation ...

This post was edited

nudony wrote:

On that note: it is also a lot about control. With clothing, women can control how they are perceived. The fashion industry makes this very easy to do, with clothing made for all body types; emphasizing or de-emphasizing the various body parts (namely hips, legs and breasts).In a naked environment, that control is pretty much gone. Sagging breasts can no longer seem perky with the right bra, cellulite can no longer be disguised by the right compression shorts/pants. This is an unappealing prospect to a lot of women. Oftentimes, it is only after seeing other women being comfortable with social nudity that they reevaluate their need to control their appearance - in a nudist setting.

I agree 100% with this.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy