Nudisms Online Dictators!

Ive been a naturist for a long time and Ive spent many of the happiest times of my life naked in great company. Ive found real life naturists to be amazing people - for all their diversity, they tend to be kind, sincere, respectful, openminded and interesting people. They dont tend to be rude, domineering, bigoted. The opposite in fact.

However my experience of online naturists is substantially different. Yes, Im resigned to the reality that many members on a site such as this probably arent sincere about naturism. Cest la vie! Im also mindful that not everyone whos a naturist at heart has the freedom to practice their naturism. That doesnt make them any less a naturist. And yes, there are wonderful naturist people who engage honestly and respectfully online the way naturists do in real life.

But there are also a lot of people who seem to have decided that THEY know what constitutes genuine naturism and THEY are entitled to make grand pronouncements about other people and their opinions and lives. THEY feel at liberty to belittle other naturists online or to be gratuitously offensive.

Im not saying all real life naturists are perfect people - but in many years of naturism Ive only seen this kind of arrogance and nastiness online. Lets stand up to these people and call a halt to nastiness, to belittling other naturists, and to bigotry thats all too common on this site and others.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudisms Online Dictators!

Glad to hear that for all their diversity, naturists tend to be kind, sincere, respectful, openminded and interesting people- the opposite of rude, domineering, bigoted. I find authenticity to be higher among nudists from this site than non-nudists, though no group escapes arrogance, bigotry and self-righteousness. Posts like your keep me coming back. Thanks

This post was edited

I think this post highlights the fact that there are lovely, genuine people in every group. And unfortunately, there are others in every group too. We always aim to find those whose company we enjoy.

This post was edited

The internet is a tough neighborhood. Thank you for looking beyond that.

This post was edited

For all the good the internet brings it does also often serve to accentuate the negative. People free free to express views they might well not choose to voice in person. Online reviews for goods and services tend to be on the negative side rather than the positive. It can be a brutal place. And even in forums for like minded people you need to have a fairly thick skin to survive.

This post was edited

Just to add my penny's worth....some of the naturistsI have met in the last few years are the kindest, gentlest most well balanced people I know. Chilled out, relaxed, confident and easy going......must be something to do with the life choice surely.

This post was edited

Ive been a naturist for a long time and Ive spent many of the happiest times of my life naked in great company. Ive found real life naturists to be amazing people - for all their diversity, they tend to be kind, sincere, respectful, openminded and interesting people. They dont tend to be rude, domineering, bigoted. The opposite in fact.However my experience of online naturists is substantially different. Yes, Im resigned to the reality that many members on a site such as this probably arent sincere about naturism. Cest la vie! Im also mindful that not everyone whos a naturist at heart has the freedom to practice their naturism. That doesnt make them any less a naturist. And yes, there are wonderful naturist people who engage honestly and respectfully online the way naturists do in real life.But there are also a lot of people who seem to have decided that THEY know what constitutes genuine naturism and THEY are entitled to make grand pronouncements about other people and their opinions and lives. THEY feel at liberty to belittle other naturists online or to be gratuitously offensive.Im not saying all real life naturists are perfect people - but in many years of naturism Ive only seen this kind of arrogance and nastiness online. Lets stand up to these people and call a halt to nastiness, to belittling other naturists, and to bigotry thats all too common on this site and others.
Very well said Em!
It always frustrates me when there are nudists who feel that their perception of what a nudist should be Is the only RIGHT one and any other line of thinking makes you something other than a True Nudist.
A society such as ours (you would think) would be more open minded. After all, we are not considered mainstream. The premise being that we are a more accepting people.
Then there are those who show their true colors! Expressing nastiness and bigotted perspectives to those who are not of the same mindset as them.
So hypocritical!

This post was edited

The chat room is a good example of closed minded bigoted people. The same few people who belong to the 'clique' dominate the room and will gang up on any outsider. The vast majority of the room remains silent and never will say one word.

Better to enjoy nudism in the real world then have any expectations from on line nudism.

This post was edited

I am very new in this lifestyle and belong to the many that our significant others doesnt support our nudism. But that didnt stop me to enjoy being nude whenever possible. But you hit the bullseye with your well written article. So far, I only met a couple of members here and the meeting is very pleasant and genuine and the people I met are really nice people and non judgemental. On the other hand, my experienced online with the naturist members here is mixed. Although I must say that most of them are nice and friendly but there are also few that are rude and hypocrite as you guys mentioned. I dont know exactly the proper rules and regulations here. Is it rude to check someones profiles and pictures to see if you are a match with that person/couple??? Besides, how are you going to meet new friends online if you will not check their profiles and pictures. I dont send any friend request at all if I have not chatted with the person yet. But why are some members who are claiming that they are naturist for a longest time blocked me just by viewing their profile. All I did is view and read their profile and nothing else. So yes! I find that rude and hypocrite. I am a lifetime paid member and certified as well eventhough I only joined this site 2 months ago. I wanted to support this site so I didnt hesitate to pay and be certified. I must say that there are a lot of fake people online especially in this site. Is there some specific rules and regulations that I may need to know???

This post was edited

Consider yourself lucky that you met a couple of nice people from here. There are a few nice people here and it does take time to find them and strike up a relationship.

Here is a major problem here. The vast majority of female profiles (whether they are really female is another story) are constantly bombarded with friend requests. Some of these female profiles accept one friend after another but never will respond to any message from their so called friends. The obvious question is why accept tons of so called friends when the person will never speak with them. These same female profiles also seem to join one group after another but never say or contribute anything to those groups. Unfortunately on line sites such as this seem to be all about images and lack total substance. Who in real life wants to be around someone who never says one word? What would be the point? Might as well go out and purchase an attractive looking mannequin instead.

There are a few good people here but the vast majority are here for a variety of other reasons and so if you meet and keep a couple of nice people from this site, then you have done well.

This post was edited

"for all their diversity, they tend to be kind, sincere, respectful, openminded and interesting people."
I keep hearing/seeing this, and for years I believed it. Then my wife died, and things immediately changed.
As a single male:
I am now denied membership in many clubs.
As a day visitor to clubs the only people who will even speak to me are other lone males
Many profiles on this site state "NO SINGLE MALES."
In the past three years I have only found ONE naturist chat site which weeds out fakes but makes real naturists
welcome, male or female.
Open minded? Hah!

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy