RE:Nudisms Online Dictators!

"for all their diversity, they tend to be kind, sincere, respectful, openminded and interesting people."I keep hearing/seeing this, and for years I believed it. Then my wife died, and things immediately changed.As a single male:I am now denied membership in many clubs.As a day visitor to clubs the only people who will even speak to me are other lone malesMany profiles on this site state "NO SINGLE MALES."In the past three years I have only found ONE naturist chat site which weeds out fakes but makes real naturistswelcome, male or female.Open minded? Hah!

You make a valid and important point! Im speaking from a very European perspective Ive lived in the UK and been to naturist facilities around Europe and, while I may be mistaken, my impression is that this problem is greater in the USA?

Im Irish and here there are no clubs that own their own facilities and my naturist activity outside of that with my family is either free on beaches here and on holidays etc , with a small number of likeminded friends or at events organised by our national association ( which is dynamic and welcomes everyone equally ).

Any notion that a male is unfit to share in the practice of social nudity unless under the supervision of a female is offensive. Imagine if the genders were reversed?? There'd be an outcry. And I dont just blame the dinosaurs who impose such offensive rules - I blame the couples who are prepared to frequent clubs where such bigotry is practised!

The naturism of the future will reflect the more respectful, inclusive, liberal attitudes of the younger generations. Those who lament the so-called greying of nudism are mistaken - naturism isnt dying - organisations which cling to outdated, now unacceptable practises are!!!

Im sorry that you lost your wife - and doubly sorry that bigoted ignorance has excluded rather than supported you after your loss.

This post was edited

Open minded? Hah!
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your wife, and along with her the loss of community you've experienced.
No single males is a sad and hypocritical policy which I am not aware of outside of N. America.
As a single dad, it's also kept me from introducing my sons to social nudism. What movement survives by banning families with young children?
I hope married men are smart enough to read the writing on the wall that they are only conditionally accepted.
Let it be...

This post was edited

Any notion that a male is unfit to share in the practice of social nudity unless under the supervision of a female is offensive. Imagine if the genders were reversed?? There'd be an outcry. And I dont just blame the dinosaurs who impose such offensive rules - I blame the couples who are prepared to frequent clubs where such bigotry is practised!The naturism of the future will reflect the more respectful, inclusive, liberal attitudes of the younger generations. Those who lament the so-called greying of nudism are mistaken - naturism isnt dying - organisations which cling to outdated, now unacceptable practises are!!!.

An on line male dictating the future of naturism.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

An on line male dictating the future of naturism.

Thank you for showing up ( yet again .yawn ) to provide an example of the kind of behaviour I was writing about in the original post.

If anyone looks at your profile theyll see a string of would-be-smart, belittling comments from someone who claims to be a nudist couple but who after seven years of TN membership still isnt certified. Mmmm! I wonder why that might be!!!!!

A QED that REAL LIFE nudists and online people like you are different sets of people?

This post was edited

Trolls need to stay under their bridge!

This post was edited

I've been blocked by someone, perhaps because of a comment, or because I mined their profile which I am likely to do if I like what they say - I go to their feed to see what other threads they've contributed to, even if they're some time back. I think I've dredged up some ten-year-old threads that way. I've never cared about who looks at my profile (and I think nonmembers can also see at least a bit if they find it despite locked-down search capabilities. I know paid-up members can see who's looked, but I don't think I can.

This post was edited

Thank you for showing up ( yet again .yawn ) to provide an example of the kind of behaviour I was writing about in the original post.If anyone looks at your profile theyll see a string of would-be-smart, belittling comments from someone who claims to be a nudist couple but who after seven years of TN membership still isnt certified. Mmmm! I wonder why that might be!!!!!A QED that REAL LIFE nudists and online people like you are different sets of people?

An on line male dictating who he deems fit to comment on an open post.

This post was edited

I've been blocked by someone, perhaps because of a comment, or because I mined their profile which I am likely to do if I like what they say - I go to their feed to see what other threads they've contributed to, even if they're some time back. I think I've dredged up some ten-year-old threads that way. I've never cared about who looks at my profile (and I think nonmembers can also see at least a bit if they find it despite locked-down search capabilities. I know paid-up members can see who's looked, but I don't think I can.

I presume that the reason for showing someones comments / engagement on the site on their profile is precisely so other members can see what theyre like etc. I think we all have a look when we receive a friend request or read a particularly interesting post or reply. And you really do get a sense of a person from the nature of their engagement / interactions. Some youll enjoy chatting with and others youll want to avoid. Trolls will usually have a long list of belittling or disruptive replies that reveal their boring, attention seeking immaturity, and genuine naturists will usually give more of themselves and share personal experiences and perspectives that can be enlightening and fascinating.

As I wrote in the original post in this thread - online naturism attracts a number of fakes, opinionated boors, and weirdos, but there is a number of genuinely good people on here - dont be disheartened by the boors and trolls.

This post was edited

I dont be disheartened by the boors and trolls.

...and the weird ones who like to piss in front of the postman.

This post was edited

You can justify not wanting contact with anybody who 1) has a private profile 2) isn't certified despite being active on the site 3) follows troll protocols of negative energy 3) takes actions such as viewing a profile as a threat 4) won't offer personal details or express humility or vulnerability. Use these criteria with compassion, recognizing that some might not be able to afford to be members or may not be able to post much due to their career. Read between the lines what their attitude is.

Focusing on other's nudity, authenticity and stories while maintaining the intellectual and emotional equivalent of a straight jacket or burka does not make a nudist or a naturist but rather a voyeur. You can't argue with trolls or ghosts. Tell them to go to the light.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy