Pirates' Cove Beach near Pismo Beach, CA

Hey everyone! Anyone been to Pirates' Cove Beach? I'm going to be in the Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area and was thinking about checking it out, but have read some mixed things about it, so was hoping to get some perspectives of folks who have been there recently. Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE:Pirates' Cove Beach near Pismo Beach, CA

Wife and i where there a couple years back found it while hitting nude beaches from Washington to Palm Springs. We enjoyed it so much we spent to days going to Pirates Cove. you have a little walk down the hill side to get to the beach but peaceful place to go. i have a few pics from there in my pic album.

This post was edited

Weve been a couple of times, the last was this past Monday. Its a nice beach and pretty chill. Nude males, females, and couples all seem to go there. It seems one end of the beach is the college party crowd that stays clothed with the exception of an occasional topless girl, the other half of the beach everyone is nude.
Its definitely worth checking out. Everyone kind of keeps to themselves and its a great spot to lay out naked.

This post was edited

Definitely worth the trip, I go every chance I get. The weather is always nice and the people keep to themselves. They are mostly self policing as far as sketchy activities. This is not a sexual place, it is for naturists where you are welcome to be nude all day without hassle on the whole beach whether it's on the North side (college kids) or South where most of the nudists will hangout. Have fun!!

This post was edited

I would definitely make the effort to visit if you get the chance. I was there a few weekends ago and my experience was very similar to others here. The parking area is challenging if you don't have an SUV but you can park on the road as well. Then you'll have to trek down the hill to get to the beach. It isn't too bad until you get to the bottom but there is a rope to hold on to if needed. On weekends there is a large crowd of college kids hanging out on the "clothed" side. You'll have to walk past them to get to the nude side further South. I would recommend getting there before noon since the beach is pretty narrow and fills up as the day goes on. It is a very relaxing place though the area near the volleyball net can be a little more lively. Everyone is friendly and there is a good mix of men, women and couples just hanging out and enjoying a relaxing day of surf and sun. Have a great nude time and enjoy your day there!

This post was edited