Key to less laws and more liberty?

So, ever sat around and wondered where everything went so wrong? We have so many laws you could be made a felon three times throughout your average day in America. Whats the key to us returning to the society our founders laid out for us to live free?

This topic was edited
RE:Key to less laws and more liberty?

Vote Libertarian.

This post was edited

I say term limits on senate and house reps

This post was edited

Agree and that goes to term
Limits. It revolves around the term limit.

This post was edited

I think we need to make being a politician less attractive. Term limits and no pension when they leave office. Too many career politicians and too many of them in it for the money and power.

This post was edited

I disagree, it will make things worse

a lame-duck politician will be as corrupt as they can be, because what's their punishment? there isn't one. keeping them 1 election away from being voted out keeps them in check

and what happens when you have a politician who is good at their job and is well-liked? they'll be trying to change the laws to keep them in power...thus negating the entire point of this post

This post was edited

I partially agree with the no-pension idea.

while I think its a good idea, I dont' want my pension away...so why would I want somebody elses taken away? if we have the power to take theirs away, then they have the power to take ours away

This post was edited

While I agree with the idea of Federal term limits. There has to be more we can do to further our own cause. Just limiting a person's time in Congress will not necessarily translate into anything favorable for our personal rights. It really should be taken up in our own communities and states since that is the primary location of these unreasonably restrictive laws.

This post was edited

I wish term limits were the answer. A huge problem with that is the retirement rules. Spend one day in Congress and the taxpayers pay for your life forever. You want to fix the problem? Capital punishment for putting one step out of the lines written in the Constitution, tried by the public. Feds were finding ways around the Constitution before the ink was dry.

This post was edited

Define "libertarian"
Too many have a vague idea what that means.

This post was edited

There's a term limit available each and every election. Just because the majority believes a representative deserves another term does not mean the minority should be able to subvert that election with a law saying that person can't serve again.

This post was edited