Feeling of not being alone

After reading a few posts, I am glad to see I am not alone in the fact that my wife knows about my nudist preference, but pretty much just lets me be me. I have been very comfortable in getting naked and this is the kind of activity that I truly enjoy.

There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be friendly and welcoming. I too, was new to the social nude thing despite knowing my whole life that I wanted to be nude. I've gained a lot of confidence from this site and it has truly helped me convince myself that the naturist lifestyle is not necessarily for the pursuit of sex, but more to be one with nature. Thank you to those of you who have been so encouraging to others on this site.

This topic was edited
RE:Feeling of not being alone

Very well said. My wife loves me and lets me be nude without comments. It just makes me love her more. Just wish she would join me once in a while.

This post was edited

After reading a few posts, I am glad to see I am not alone in the fact that my wife knows about my nudist preference, but pretty much just lets me be me. I have been very comfortable in getting naked and this is the kind of activity that I truly enjoy.There is something about being naked that means you are obliged to be friendly and welcoming. I too, was new to the social nude thing despite knowing my whole life that I wanted to be nude. I've gained a lot of confidence from this site and it has truly helped me convince myself that the naturist lifestyle is not necessarily for the pursuit of sex, but more to be one with nature. Thank you to those of you who have been so encouraging to others on this site.

I respect your honesty, I really do. Countless times over the years I have read post in here from men that say there wives "support" there nudity and then a period of time later post frustration that they have to hide it. I can tell BS as everyone else can with those statements. Personally I appreciate the guys that say my wife permits it instead of supports it. . Hey I lived the experience with my Ex flipping sides back then it was frowned upon and it was confusing for me. If what is going on with you guys is working for ya all I wish you all the best!

This post was edited

I respect your honesty, I really do. Countless times over the years I have read post in here from men that say there wives "support" there nudity and then a period of time later post frustration that they have to hide it. I can tell BS as everyone else can with those statements. Personally I appreciate the guys that say my wife permits it instead of supports it. . Hey I lived the experience with my Ex flipping sides back then it was frowned upon and it was confusing for me. If what is going on with you guys is working for ya all I wish you all the best!
Cant comment on those men who say their wives support their naturism but then complain later that they actually have to hide it. But would say there are those wives who genuinely support it rather than just going along with it. My wife is one of those in my opinion. Yes she accepts my nudity around the house and the fact I go to the local beach and swims, but she is also supportive. Decisions in holiday destinations are a joint thing with emphasis being on places that will give me opportunities for naturism albeit not the main driver. That can be anything from places that have private enough gardens/yards for me to be naked all the time to places that have a convenient naturist beach. She is the keen gardener of the two of us and actively plants shrubs and trees in our garden in the aim of increasing privacy and reducing the amount we are overlooked.
Would I like her to join in? Of course I would. But apart from the fact she doesnt actually go naked she couldnt be more supportive. She will even point out naturist news items or events in the press if she sees them before I do. She even reads the BN magazine when it arrives each quarter.

This post was edited

My wife is fine with me being nude at home unless we have company, even though she rarely is.
She knows I go to a nude beach when I go alone.

This post was edited

Another "me too" here.
Wife is increasingly tolerant of my nudism, but does not really support it. She has accompanied me to a clothing optional beach 3 or 4 times, but only as an expression of her affection for me, not of my inclination to nudism. She's not even nude at home.
Once she walked in when I had company while nude (he was dressed at the time). She seemed embarrassed to see me nude in front of him though she knows we met at the gym, and used to shower together most mornings.
In short, she loves me, but doesn't love my nudism.

This post was edited

As a single dad, my issue isn't the feeling of being alone, but more if I choose to be alone or lonely. I haven't been able to pursue healthy relationships raising my sons as a single dad With one off to college soon the energy is shifting. How do I deal with my disposition for not wearing clothes dating in a Puritanical part of the US? I don't want to keep secrets, nor is it important to strip down at every opportunity. It's more practicing authenticity, and nakedness is authenticity. I don't imagine anyone has any answers other than that I don't have to date society or womanhood at large, but can try one person at a time. Maybe I can ask a more specific question: do women more inclined to accept nudism have any particular profile? I don't think it's as simple as buying groceries at a different store, but I'm open to suggestions.

This post was edited

Yeah
Dating after 40 just sucks, even without being a naturist.
Ive all but given up.
I know thats not exactly words of encouragement, but its just what it is.
Especially if as you say, youre in a conservative part of the USA.

This post was edited

Open and honest communication is not only a key element to successful relationship but for a clear understanding of who you are committing yourself to, for the long haul. I think, far too often, couples get into a relationship for surface things; exterior beauty, career status, financial status, love of travel... there's a lot of surface things that don't tell you who these people really are.

For Di and I, we grew up together. We didn't and couldn't know everything about one another when you're both 16. It is so, so much more difficult when you start a relationship later in life. Most times, both people have become set in their ways, where a couple like Di and I had to continually compromise to make it work until those compromises just became normal and who we became.

With regards to nudism, we both think it's absolutely imperative that the need or desire to live nude is very important to one or the other and how will that affect the long term relationship. For us, we just started out living naked at 20 and married and never stopped or looked at what it would be like to live as so many others do, with clothes. Even though we are still very committed to the nudist lifestyle, we do have our differences and we make sure we talk them over to come to some agreement or compromise.

A nudist partner is not going to suddenly appear or come to your door. You have to do the hard work, harder work than you would if you were looking for a mate in the clothed world. I don't profess to know this type of life because, as I said, Di and I began our life together at 16. All I can do is wish you all the best.

This post was edited

Having the freedom to be nude as part of a relationship, is a very loving gift. I suspect it is to different degrees for each couple, but is none-the-less special in its own right. Mine & my wifes nudists journey has morphed from a *Hmmmm-ok?* look to a warm smile and *when do you want to go back?* request. This almost mirrors our first excursion for ice cream at BR31 about 40 years ago to our current grandchild babysitting duties. I wouldnt have it any other way. Not all journeys take the perfect route nor endeavor to be on someones perceived timetable; just know as you move forward in your trip, its the togetherness that really count. You can work the details as they come along. Keep working you'll find the right mix for the two of you. And, it might be better than you think; I know mine is.

This post was edited

I am going to Black's this week. Is there a lady interested?

Yes that has pertinent context to the discussion.

This post was edited