Freedom of Freehiking

Greatest way to enjoy the outdoors is to be nude and hiking / camping is no different. Problem always is finding a location where you don't run the risk of offending others. Over the years I have found that the western part of the U.S. is much more amenable to freehiking, both in terms of opportunity as well as the attitudes of people. Of course, with so much open area, the possibility of meeting others in these isolated areas is not that high.

Enjoyed a day at a clothing optional area along the Columbia River last week. Once I pasted the Clothing Optional sign I stripped naked and started walking the trail to the beach naked. It was an incredible feeling walking through the wooded area and see others that were naked too. Spent some time relaxing on the beach before more exploring of the area. Love the cool feeling of the water on my body as I played in the water of the river. Later in the day I took a naked walk on a trail that was on a bluff that followed the shore of the river. I spotted a secluded little beach and found a trail leading down to it. I spread my towel on the beach and laid down to enjoy the warmth of the sun while looking across the water. I had a guy show up and he asked if he could share the beach together. If was find with me as I laid there, we talked for awhile before I fell asleep. When I woke up he was gone, I then decided to continue my hike along the river after hiking for some time I decided to turn around and return to the first beach that I was at that day. Spent the remainder of the day laying on the beach and playing in the water of the river.

This topic was edited
RE:Freedom of Freehiking

I would love doing that in trails at Arches Park for example. Not so crowded when you have actually to hike to reach an arch. Would be great to do so fully naked.

Great story. Wish I could go naked in more places.

This post was edited