Reform to the Latin Mass

i am sure many of you have heard that Pope Francis has reinstated the restrictions on the Latin Mass as ordered by Vatican II. I have attached the link below to read the Apostolic Letter by the Holy Pontiff Francis.

APOSTOLIC LETTER ISSUED "MOTU PROPRIO" BY THE SUPREME PONTIFF

This topic was edited
RE:Reform to the Latin Mass

Our BODIES are God's Holy Temples.... not those dusty cold brick & mortar monstrosities built with slave labor. The Protestant Reformation reiterated the fact that we have a direct relationship with Our Father through Christ & The Holy Spirit in each of us; no essential need to follow orders, commandments, or edicts by any earthly self-appointed rulers, who we have never even met personally, who don't know our names, & pretend we must bow down to their rules. Those clowns are at best advisers who we can choose to consult with or not.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. #1CorinthiansVI19....

This post was edited

Think your in the wrong group here.

This post was edited

I learned to serve at the Latin Mass in the early 1960. People used to speak about the obligation to hear Mass and thathearingwas about all that was asked of the assembly. And even listening was not that important, practically speaking. People brought rosaries and books of private prayers and suchlike to occupy themselves while the priest said Mass. I remember receiving my first missal at age 8 or 9. It was in Latin and English on facing pages because efforts were being made to teach people the meaning of the Mass. Choirs sang different parts during the Sunday High Mass, but there was no congregational singing. Scriptures were read in Latin, but the preaching was in English, and was usually unrelated to the scriptures. No one expected much by way inspiration, teaching or scriptural interpretation from the sermon. Although Masses were well attended, almost no one went up for communion. Weekday low Mass was as far more spare and spartan than anyone today can imagine, frequently with only the priest and the server present, without preaching, and often begun and ended in 10 minutes.

This post was edited

Wow thats crazy homebare. I have heard from other that people use to pray private devotional s during the Latin mass. So crazy.

This post was edited

Ive attended a couple of Latin Masses. One was a wedding and another was a weekday low Mass. I found the Latin interesting (I took two years of Latin in a Catholic High School), but I felt more like a spectator than a participant of the Mass. The priest at the wedding seemed to mumble a lot.

Im a guitarist in the choir, yet really liked when we sang the Mass parts in Latin and one of my favorite Christmas songs is Adeste Fidelis.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy