RE:Truckers?? Pilots??

We gets tons of aircraft over our house; Marine helicopters going back and forth from the ocean to the desert, fighter jets, on occasion, private aircraft and hot air balloons. About three months ago, I grabbed my coffee and walked out the back door to my work shed. I could hear distinct talking and thought it was from the other side of the wall... it was from up above. There was a hot air balloon directly overhead. I carried on as if I didn't notice them and the just kept going. Usually, the balloons are several hundred feet above us but this balloon was only about 200-300 ft above our house. I went inside and grabbed a robe and walked out onto the porch. I sat on our glider and they waved at me as they continued on. Not sure what they saw.The military helicopters, jet fighters are too high to see anything with any clarity. The private planes cruise by but unsure what they see. We just continue living as we do and don't hide or cover. We've had a couple of drones fly over but only one actually hovered and then crash landed in our backyard. We were both naked and laying in the sun. The next day, we left on a short trip and when we returned, a woman and her son were walking up to the front porch. We talked for a minute and then she said, "my son might have lost his drone in your backyard." I took her into the backyard and he saw it in the planter, that's where we left it. She apologized several times and told us he was warned not to fly over people's backyards. Haven't seen anymore drones in quite some time.There is zero doubt our #3 son has flown over your house at one time or another during his Marine service. He was a unit leaderin a light attack helicopter crew. When he got back from being deployed to Korea during the unrest I had thoughts of whooping his ass for worrying Luann and I to death. Well there is the factor that he is like a piece of built steel after Marine boot so I rethought that.

Well, I wave and sometimes give them a naked salute but I doubt they or he's seen me!

I know what you mean about taking on the younger kid, now much bigger and stronger than you but... they still have that fear of you and that always works in our favor. We have experience and surprise and we don't always have to fight fair!!! hahahahaha

This post was edited

I've drilled in all of the 3 sons heads from the start your not ever big enough to whoop the old man ! :D

This post was edited

I hope nobody here has had my experience. It took until he was fourteen before I hit him for mouthing off. He then had me arrested.

This post was edited

I've drilled in all of the 3 sons heads from the start your not ever big enough to whoop the old man ! :D

We have confidence from years of life experiences. That confidence is what has them hesitant at challenging a parent. Oh sure, they will push you but when push comes to shove, they are still afraid of you OR... afraid they'll get kick off the Will! LOL

Our girls always ask... "what are you two up to this week, weekend?" We tell them... "we're going out and spending your inheritance!" :DDD

This post was edited

Dad taught me the same thing. But I taught him there is always an equalizer. Mine was a 67 Plymouth Fury 3, skidding to a stop with the front bumper 12 inches from his knee cap's. That drunken SOB never laid a hand on me again!!!

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy