RE:Male vs Female beachwear

nice one

This post was edited
Wear What You Want

How to get ready for swimsuit season:
Step 1: Put on a swimsuit.

Seriously. If you must wear a swimsuit somewhere - the beach, pool, spa, neighbor's party, splash pad, running through the sprinklers, ANYTHING - wear whatever you want. Ignore the haters. Would we much rather be going nude? Definitely! So I must wear something, that's as far as the demands go. I will wear whatever swimsuit I want to wear.

Was this easy for me at first? No. Growing up, I went through a lot of bullying, and body shaming, so I even still struggle with body image issues. For a very long time, I wore those awful, baggy, difficult-to-enjoy-swimming-in board shorts. Cutting out the mesh helped, but they were still awful. Then, I gave up, and said, "F*ck it. If I MUST wear a swimsuit, I'm going to wear one that I like, that I like the looks and feel of on my body, and everyone else can just eat it." I bought a pair of square-cut swim trunks that the inseam is barely two inches long. They are tight. They are colorful. They hug all the curves of my anatomy; front, back, and sides. They feel amazing in the water (but of course, not as good as nude).

The first time wearing them in a public space, I was mortified. What would people say? Would they laugh at me? Stare? Kick me out? WHAT?! But I put them on, ditched my towel, and got into the public pool. Swimming around a bit, it felt good. No one was staring. No one was saying anything. If anyone dropped their monocles into their tea in shock, I did not notice. My family gave me a high five, and said they were so happy to see me finally wearing what made me happy.

You know what else? Some random person at the snack bar casually said, "Hey, love that suit." It took me a few moments to realize: 1. they were talking to me, and 2. they were not being at all sarcastic. Thanking them, we shared a nice, brief conversation while waiting for fries about houndstooth (the pattern on my suit), and wearing whatever swimsuit (or clothing) you want.

Do it. Take the plunge (literally, and figuratively). Life is too short to worry about the haters.

This post was edited
RE:Wear What You Want

How to get ready for swimsuit season:Step 1: Put on a swimsuit.Seriously. If you must wear a swimsuit somewhere - the beach, pool, spa, neighbor's party, splash pad, running through the sprinklers, ANYTHING - wear whatever you want. Ignore the haters. Would we much rather be going nude? Definitely! So I must wear something, that's as far as the demands go. I will wear whatever swimsuit I want to wear.Was this easy for me at first? No. Growing up, I went through a lot of bullying, and body shaming, so I even still struggle with body image issues. For a very long time, I wore those awful, baggy, difficult-to-enjoy-swimming-in board shorts. Cutting out the mesh helped, but they were still awful. Then, I gave up, and said, "F*ck it. If I MUST wear a swimsuit, I'm going to wear one that I like, that I like the looks and feel of on my body, and everyone else can just eat it." I bought a pair of square-cut swim trunks that the inseam is barely two inches long. They are tight. They are colorful. They hug all the curves of my anatomy; front, back, and sides. They feel amazing in the water (but of course, not as good as nude).The first time wearing them in a public space, I was mortified. What would people say? Would they laugh at me? Stare? Kick me out? WHAT?! But I put them on, ditched my towel, and got into the public pool. Swimming around a bit, it felt good. No one was staring. No one was saying anything. If anyone dropped their monocles into their tea in shock, I did not notice. My family gave me a high five, and said they were so happy to see me finally wearing what made me happy.You know what else? Some random person at the snack bar casually said, "Hey, love that suit." It took me a few moments to realize: 1. they were talking to me, and 2. they were not being at all sarcastic. Thanking them, we shared a nice, brief conversation while waiting for fries about houndstooth (the pattern on my suit), and wearing whatever swimsuit (or clothing) you want.Do it. Take the plunge (literally, and figuratively). Life is too short to worry about the haters.

I've felt the same way for many years and have been wearing spandex exercise shorts with the same reaction you have gotten. I never caught anyone pointng and laughing. They are light weight, dry quickly, and cheap. They hug my never was buff body and enable real swimming and can be worn under street clothing so there may be no need to change. Nude would be better but you have to live with other people around sometimes.

This post was edited

I think it's always a question of the traditions and the actual fashion. As a man you can't wear a skirt. Until the early 20th century women can't wear trousers. In my youth the actual fashion for women were hotpants. And as a boy you can't suddenly wear no pair of shorts because it was woman clothing.
And of course the best beachwear is to be nude. I think there is nothing as useless as swimming trunks.

This post was edited

I think it's always a question of the traditions and the actual fashion. As a man you can't wear a skirt. Until the early 20th century women can't wear trousers. In my youth the actual fashion for women were hotpants. And as a boy you can't suddenly wear no pair of shorts because it was woman clothing.And of course the best beachwear is to be nude. I think there is nothing as useless as swimming trunks.

All. Clothes. Are. For. All. People.

Men can wear skirts. Women can wear trousers. Boys can wear shorts. Everyone can wear whatever clothes they want.

If anyone gives someone crap about what they are wearing, they are the ones with the issues. Not the person wearing the clothes.

Life is too short to not wear the clothes you want to wear, or are comfortable on your body.

This post was edited

I think it's always a question of the traditions and the actual fashion. As a man you can't wear a skirt. Until the early 20th century women can't wear trousers. In my youth the actual fashion for women were hotpants. And as a boy you can't suddenly wear no pair of shorts because it was woman clothing.And of course the best beachwear is to be nude. I think there is nothing as useless as swimming trunks.All. Clothes. Are. For. All. People.Men can wear skirts. Women can wear trousers. Boys can wear shorts. Everyone can wear whatever clothes they want.If anyone gives someone crap about what they are wearing, they are the ones with the issues. Not the person wearing the clothes.Life is too short to not wear the clothes you want to wear, or are comfortable on your body.

If I wore the clothes I wanted to wear and were the most comfortable, it would be nothing from early may to mid-October!

This post was edited

All. Clothes. Are. For. All. People.

That's true today. But as a 13 year old boy in the early 70s I hadn't the courage.

This post was edited

Oh this hits a sore spot with me... My wife and I went to a beach here in Florida, I can not remember which side of Florida it was on. I was wearing a pair of undershorts that looked just like a pair of swim trunks. As you said gals may as well have been naked , beach patrol came and said my wife and I had to leave the beach. they said someone told them I did not have swim trunks on, those are underwear..... I to this day don't understand, I was fully covered nothing was hanging out. I really don't understand...

This post was edited

Women on the most part seem to like looking at a mans bulge. So I find it hard to believe that women are complaining. So that would tell me the authorities are jealous of a man displaying his bulge in a proper way.
Just a note as to the small bottoms on the ladies , I was at the beach strolling along and this gal had on a regular solid brown bikini, she was nice looking, she laid down on the blanket her and her boyfriend has spread out, she spread her legs and oh my goodness. Not sure where they came from but it looked as though she just had had unprotected sex 3 times in the past hour. and she seemed to be very proud of it. That had to be it because they both were VERY happy.

This post was edited

It all balances out in the Grand Scheme of life. Men can walk down the street with his shirt completely off, women cant! A man can just turn around to pee I woman cant. Find a beach where you dont need dont need a gstring and hang loose

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy