My wifes religious view are blocking me

Howdy!
Kbian from Texas!! I am straight. Grown kids. Married 37 years. Stay in fairly good shape. And I love to be naked outdoors!!!! I wish my wife were as enthusiastic as me. We are both religious but she is more into the Adam and Eve story and the fall from grace. She says God wants us to wear clothes and nudity is a sin. We have argued about this a lot. I will never be able to convince her otherwise. She will skinny dip with me from time to time in our backyard pool. She is about 25 pounds overweight, so I feel that her body image is a bigger part of her Anti Nudity opinion. Any advice would be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE:My wifes religious view are blocking me

I have the same issues with my wife, very religious, not willing to be nude, probably mostly due to her slightly overweight body. However, what I do stand on is that God designed us to be nude, it is the sin and shame that followed from Adam that required God to provide that first animal sacrifice to cover our sin with clothing. Only because of Adam's fall do we wear clothes which was not God's desire. I am nude as often as I can be!

This post was edited

You are blessed to have a wife who accepts as much nudity as your wife does. After reading your profile I am convinced that you are a lucky man. I was going to suggest "baby steps". But it appears that you are already walking! Listen to her concerns and keep up the good work!

This post was edited

Body image...grace...nudity...relaxation...sexuality: it's all a slippery slope.
Better to get back to work! Like a saint! Hard work! Focused work! And how about aiming for results along the lines of, well, Saint Peter's Basilica? Good enough?
Perhaps we should all work naked like Simon Peter did when he was called by Jesus as per John 21:7. Jesus also stripped down removing his outer garment to wash his disciples feet and drying them with his loin cloth, though it's not clear if was completely naked or not in John 21:7. Nudity is a good starting point and you can always put on your clothes as needed. Clothes are not inherently sinful though they can lead us astray with their power of lust and status.
So get back to work! Nakedness is a strong, neutral starting point. Keep the act of getting dressed a practical concern only as to not get led into sinfulness.

This post was edited
My wife's religious views are blocking me

Three really good books.
--Howdy!Kbian from Texas!! I am straight. Grown kids. Married 37 years. Stay in fairly good shape. And I love to be naked outdoors!!!! I wish my wife were as enthusiastic as me. We are both religious but she is more into the Adam and Eve story and the fall from grace. She says God wants us to wear clothes and nudity is a sin. We have argued about this a lot. I will never be able to convince her otherwise. She will skinny dip with me from time to time in our backyard pool. She is about 25 pounds overweight, so I feel that her body image is a bigger part of her Anti Nudity opinion. Any advice would be appreciated.--
There are three really good books that make it very clear that she's wrong about nudity.

Uncovering the Image
Christian Body
Famous Fig Leaf

However, keep in mind that one person can never convince another person about anything. She has to be convinced herself. Perhaps buy the books, sit down, and read them out loud together. The conclusion of all three books is that the Bible is entirely accepting of nudity.

Because of her current perspective, these books will cause significant cognitive dissonance. You will need to be patient with her. Although the books are fairly short and are easy reads, don't rush through them. Stop and talk about what you've read. Take time to ponder, ruminate, and absorb.

This post was edited
My wife's religious views are blocking me

It is, in fact, entirely clear that he was completely naked.
--
Jesus also stripped down removing his outer garment to wash his disciples feet and drying them with his loin cloth, though it's not clear if was completely naked or not
--
Read the books I mention in a different post to this thread. Christians and Bible translators enjoy putting clothing on people who were entirely naked.

This post was edited
RE:My wife's religious views are blocking me

You're correct about not being able to force someone. --

I don't understand much about any religion, I am Hindu and more spiritual than religious. Here's my take on this:I can't let someone else's faith govern my life or my spiritual beliefs. Faith is very personal, in spirituality there is no compulsion - so I can't FORCE someone to believe or not to believe. Your life path to Nirvana after death is just as "right" as mine. I pray absolutely naked, to many men out there I am probably "sick" or a "nut case" or a "sinner" - but as I mentioned, your opinion about my beliefs in no way affects me or my faith.
--
However, Christians frequently claim to follow the teachings of the Bible. However, the Bible is very open to and accepting of nudity. Body shame is not taught in the Bible and did not come from YHVH. Body shame came from Satan.

According to the Bible, the human body is the pinnacle of YHVH's creation. And yet, Christians, who claim to follow the Bible, tend to believe that the human body is dirty, shameful, disgusting, obscene, and indecent. Clearly, this belief about the human body contradicts what the Bible says about the human body.

The point is not to convince anyone of anything or attempt to force anyone to believe anything, but to point out the contradiction within their personal belief system.

This post was edited
RE:My wife's religious views are blocking me

It's not going to work every time or right away.
--The more I try to point out their mistakes the more they will dig into their faith - a contradiction, but that is how people are. Same as Flat - Earthers or Anti-vaxxers--
But the benefit of the books I've suggested is that they not only show that the Bible is completely accepting of nudity, but they answer nearly every possible objections.

The difficulty is that when you show someone that there is an error in their belief system, it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance. Some people work through it very quickly; others never do.

This post was edited