RE:If there is a movie that nudism puts in a good spotlight, which movie do you think of?

Blue Lagoon I feel did a good job of showing nudity in a positive lite.

This post was edited
RE:If there is a movie that nudism puts in a good spotlight, which movie do you think of?

Oh yeah.. Just simple innocent nudity.

This post was edited

The gay comedy Shared Rooms has a storyline with two nudists, who are nude for most of the movie. Its on Amazon Prime and Hulu right now.

This post was edited

Great to know. I've put it on my Watchlist. Thanks!

This post was edited

I have to agree with that choice. Even thou it was long ago, it was dome with good tastes
Bill

This post was edited

Basically any film directed by Peter Greenaway is going to be nude-positive.

This post was edited

Its an interesting proposition - because the good spotlight may have many interpretations, but assume that not what spin is put on the word it means a positive outcome was achieved.

From an Australian perspective there were movies like Alvin Purple, that popularised nudity on our screens, but also polarised the community as it was less about nudity and more about sex. We also had two really 'big' movies that would be impossible to make nowadays as the implied age of the leading actress was as 'under 18' (albeit in real life they weren't) - those movies are "Walkabout" and "Age of Consent". The latter (stars Helen Mirren) raises some really unpalatable and illegal concepts; but in its day I believe it wasn't seen for this.

Walkabout portrays nudity amongst three kids in a really positive way - there is nothing unnatural nor sexual about it. This movie influenced many of my peers to skinny dip with the opposite gender with out any hang-ups or overtones. But it does in fact have two minors who are nude and that today is also unpalatable and illegal.

So in selecting an Australian movie that shows nudity in a positive light, I will go with Sirens. Its a time piece set around controversial artist Norman Lindsay (who today would not be controversial). It showed both male and female nudity, without sexual concepts attached, the plot line shows a positive argument for the public acceptance of nudism and overall its actually shot really well. sadly it was panned by critics, who I assume have never spent an minute nude.

This post was edited

The best movie I know is Vivre Nu from Robert Salis. It is a documentary. It was made during the 1990s with many interviews. It's called Living Naked in the english version.

This post was edited

The best movie I know is Vivre Nu from Robert Salis. It is a documentary. It was made during the 1990s with many interviews. It's called Living Naked in the english version.

Is this film available anywhere? It used to be on YouTube but was removed.

This post was edited

You can buy the DVD. Sometimes they have it on amazon. It seems that no provider is streaming it.

This post was edited