Naturism in Germany?

Hey all. Pondering a very likely move to Germany soon. Any information or tips about how naturism is handled over there? Not sure if this is quite the right forum for it, as it's for locations... but hey... Germany is a location :-P

This topic was edited
RE:Naturism in Germany?

I read that Germany is the home of modern nudism so Im guessing its a pretty relaxed culture.

I also read that a lot of the parks are nude friendly although I cant remember if its a specific type.

I hope your move goes well.

This post was edited

Thanks! I hope so, too. And yeah, I know there's a decent sized movement for it there, I just don't know much about it yet :)

This post was edited

I think I read that Woodsman has spent time there, perhaps you could ask him, if he doesnt post his views here.

This post was edited

You may want to check the article links in this thread.
It may give you some idea or perspective.

Six designated nudist zones, if you decide to move to this location.

This post was edited

Hey all. Pondering a very likely move to Germany soon. Any information or tips about how naturism is handled over there? Not sure if this is quite the right forum for it, as it's for locations... but hey... Germany is a location :-P

There are lots of information about naturism in Germany on the internet. The information is mostly in German which makes it less discoverable for google searches from non German speaking countries.

A starting point could be Deutscher Verband fr Freikrperkultur https://www.dfk.org/startseite which is the naturist federation in Germany.

This post was edited

Yes, I absolutely agree. Check the dfk.org page (google translate) helps. Basically every city offers naturist places. We have naturist colonies in every city, many hotels offer naturism in their mini spa and of course there is the spa culture in Germany. You guessed it, every city has at least a spa. Then of course there are many non-official naturism and nudism places. fkk-reisefuehrer.de is good for finding places.

This post was edited

Bigdudeman wrote;

I think I read that Woodsman has spent time there, perhaps you could ask him, if he doesnt post his views here.

That was a long, long time ago (1966 to 1971). Unfortunately, I've lost contact with the people who got me in touch with the FKK then.

But the web sites that have been cited seem to be good sources for learning about the current scene. Since the term "FKK" has been appropriated by the sex trade, the governing organization is now called the DFK (for Deutscher Verband fur Freikorperkultur --umlauts omitted).

This post was edited

Thanks for the information and the links :)

This post was edited

It depends a bit. We live in Germany since a couple of years and have the feeling that nudism is not as big as it perhaps was a few decades ago, but there are still many options - among the best countries for nudism in Europe.

In the summer there are several beaches available that have nude or clothing optional areas, for example at the Baltic Sea coast. There are also many lakes which have some areas that are nude. There are also many saunas and spas available, who are open all year around. The standard for sauna is nude and mixed, but some may have restrictions certain days or times, it's good to always check the webpage.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask us here.

This post was edited

In Germany there are many nudist beaches at the North Sea and at the Baltic Sea or at several lakes. A family beach in Germany is a beach where the water is low and it's not dangerous for children. It may be a nudist beach. In some cities like Berlin or Munich there are some aereas in parks where you can be nude. Many swimming pools have special nudist evenings. In saunas you are generally nude in Germany. Wearing there a bathing trunk is considered unsanitary. Sometimes saunas are only for men or for women. Many saunas are for women, men and children together. When I was young many young women and girls were topfree at the beaches and open-air swimming pools. I know from old photos that my wife was topfree at the beach on holidays with her mother when she was about 13 or 14. That was quite common at those days. Today it would be unthinkable for a young girl if she is no nudist and her mother would never allowed it. It's the american way of life today in Germany or what people think it would be. I heard here from nudists in America who are nude at their front door or drive nude in their car. I have never heard that somebody do it in Germany and I think there are no much. Germans in common are only nude where it is officially allowed.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy