RE:Naturism in Germany?

I grew up in nudist family with relatives in Germany and many times when we visited them we would go to a spa in the Harz Mountains a village called Zorge i think i remember plenty of walks in the wood and at that time up to the east /west border fence, where east german guards would come to the fence to talk to us, they were generally friendly, but then it was usually just us boys ( nude of course) I was wondering if the place is still nude friendly or have times changed?

Here's what I found online: an FKK swimming lake in Zorge called Waldbad in Ellrich (see https://www.walkenried-tourismus.de/natur-aktiv-im-suedharz/schwimmen-freibaeder-badeseen-schwimmbad/)
It would be a great story to have a dialogue between naked boys in W. Germany and clothed E. German guards on the other side, close in age and possibly distantly related yet separated by a very significant fence and border.

This post was edited

A nice story but has nothing to do with the reality in those days:
I grew up in nudist family with relatives in Germany and many times when we visited them we would go to a spa in the Harz Mountains a village called Zorge i think i remember plenty of walks in the wood and at that time up to the east /west border fence, where east german guards would come to the fence to talk to us, they were generally friendly, but then it was usually just us boys ( nude of course) I was wondering if the place is still nude friendly or have times changed?

At the inner-German border was on the east side a wide border strip which nobody was allowed to enter. It was a mined aerea to prevent border crossings. Even the soldiers of the Volksarmee who were on duty at the boarder were strictly forbidden to speak with people on the west side. They had orders to open fire on everybody who wanted to flee from East Germany.

A link for everybody who wants to read moreabout it:
Inner- German border on Wikipedia

This post was edited

Lovley cpuntry germany lovely peopeple i lived there in the past. If you see a town with Bad in front of its name its a spa town expect to see lots of sauna.
Not all saunas are nude but a lot are, just google nudist locations and you will findnaturist places to visit.
There a naturist walk in the Harz mountains south of Hannover [lower saxony] its 18km long about 11 miles.
If your anywhere near the Dutch border when you move to Germany , checkout Naakstrandennl There are nude beaches and naturist parks all over Holland

This post was edited

Not all saunas are nude but a lot are,
It's a shame that there are some saunas with bathing suits for a few years. Saunas were always nude in Germany.

This post was edited

Not all saunas are nude but a lot are,It's a shame that there are some saunas with bathing suits for a few years. Saunas were always nude in Germany.

I have read that clothed saunas are at least partly an accommodation to Muslim immigrants, since mixed sex nudity is not permitted by their religion.
Can anyone who lives in Germany or has recently done so comment on this?

This post was edited

I have read that clothed saunas are at least partly an accommodation to Muslim immigrants,
I have also read that but I think the German society altogether is more prudish than before. If it is the influence of the immigrants then it is integration in the wrong direction.

This post was edited

No not my experience. To my experience muslim guys are less prudish than german guys. Of course they are only men. I have seen no muslim women in the spa. As I have written before the muslim culture has no influence to the prudish behaviour of the germans. The american culture influences the germans.

This post was edited

As I have written before the muslim culture has no influence to the prudish behaviour of the germans. The american culture influences the germans.
My wish for you is that as Germans, learn from the humility, male bonding and homosociality of Muslims and reject the prudishness of Americans. Middle Eastern cultures are often ancient and wise but with young and vital populations. The Europeans have a good sense of history and themselves, and we Americans are often like teenagers in our understanding and reactionary old people in our social views.

This post was edited

... muslim guys are less prudish than german guys. ... I have seen no muslim women in the spa.

I think that's one of the problems. Traditional muslim men go to nudist events but would never allow that their wives could do this. They are no nudists. They come to watch the naked women. I didn't notice that but my wife had a good sense of being watched. She felt unwell then. So it's the muslim culture which drive away women who would like to be nudists.

This post was edited

... muslim guys are less prudish than german guys. ... I have seen no muslim women in the spa.I think that's one of the problems. Traditional muslim men go to nudist events but would never allow that their wives could do this. They are no nudists. They come to watch the naked women. I didn't notice that but my wife had a good sense of being watched. She felt unwell then. So it's the muslim culture which drive away women who would like to be nudists.

i thought that all Muslims were supposed to avoid mixed gender nudity.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy