Why is it so hard for men to admit to being BI curious, BI or gay?

It seems to me that men have a harder time admitting that they are other than straight while most women have no problem at all admitting to it?
In my case I think it was the time period I grew up in I'm just now admitting in public that I'm BI curious. I've gone to adult theaters and watched guys having sex and wondered how it felt on both ends of it and have had blow jobs but that's all I've done. Maybe after all this covid crap settles down I'll explore more into it.

This topic was edited
RE:Why is it so hard for men to admit to being BI curious, BI or gay?

It seem true that women feel more comfortable to admit their bi-sexuality.
While curious for a while I finally admitted to myself that I am now more than this.

This post was edited

There are probably many reasons. In my case it is mainly because when I realised that I needed sex with men just as much as with my wife, my children were already adult and we had no idea what their attitude might be. My fear was that they would perceive my situation as a betrayal which might well cause a split in the family whilst my wife actually relishes having secrets from them.

It would seem that you can never escape from your past but we both feel that it is our own business what we do and permit our spouses to do and last weekend went on our first threesome ( MFM) at our local naturist retreat and braved the weather.

This post was edited

I believe this is because of social conditioning. Rarely does a boy grow up hearing the word gay without contempt being communicated to him in the same sentence. Gay boys, teens and men are the "outsiders" or the "misfits" in nearly every group. So, a defense mechanism in gay/bi men is "hide and pretend it doesn't exist in them."

This post was edited

Many of us seniors and older men had a much different upbringing than than more recent generations, , we were brought up in a time of church influences on how a boy or man should act what they do and don't do .. Same for how boys were conditioned about showing it , and also not to look or let anyone else look, "men dont do that"yada yada. and many varied ways of makeing young boys and young men believe it! Was a lot of the same bullying of boys by church and parents about masterbation , playing with yourself , you dirty boy!! etc. The stigma was well engrained. and it's still out there alive and well particularly in the USA. It's even rampant in the nudist community if you listen to what's said and the snide body shaming discrimination to show how men are the culprit to victiminzing women nudists and make them run away and hide. !!
My flippant sarcasm was intentional to drive home a point of how some nudist communities and resorts come across , or percieved.

This post was edited

How do I find a guy? I'm bicurious. I've sucked dick at a glory hole once in sandiego but nothing since. Ther doesn't seem to be any gloryholes in Arizona. I want to suck dick so bad, I'd also be open to trying to be a bottom beacouse I want to know wut it feels like. And I can top anyone, that said, how do I find a guy or guys (I'd like to be spit roasted for my first time) for my first time? Any suggestions or volunteers?

This post was edited

Many of us seniors and older men had a much different upbringing than than more recent generations, , we were brought up in a time of church influences on how a boy or man should act what they do and don't do .. Same for how boys were conditioned about showing it , and also not to look or let anyone else look, "men dont do that"yada yada. and many varied ways of makeing young boys and young men believe it! Was a lot of the same bullying of boys by church and parents about masterbation , playing with yourself , you dirty boy!! etc. The stigma was well engrained. and it's still out there alive and well particularly in the USA. It's even rampant in the nudist community if you listen to what's said and the snide body shaming discrimination to show how men are the culprit to victiminzing women nudists and make them run away and hide. !!My flippant sarcasm was intentional to drive home a point of how some nudist communities and resorts come across , or percieved.

I fully agree: Many boys have grown up with the guilt being driven into them for erections and masturbations. Little boys aren't supposed to be erect, ever - so say the moral religious leaders and others.

The cult of guilt is so widely ingrained as kids that many adults have body shame. They go into therapy for that. And all because as children they were taught to always cover their bodies. Many don't quite enjoy sex for the rest of their lives because sex = dirty.

This post was edited

Because homophobia is rooted in misogyny. That leads to a set of stratified social roles which cannot admit to any alternative. How does a patriarch keep power when his wife can leave him for another woman? How can the man be the automatic head of the household when two men equitably share in everything?

Society sends a steady message of "don't be a gay man."

This post was edited

Because homophobia is rooted in misogyny. That leads to a set of stratified social roles which cannot admit to any alternative. How does a patriarch keep power when his wife can leave him for another woman? How can the man be the automatic head of the household when two men equitably share in everything?Society sends a steady message of "don't be a gay man."

And we nudists need to break homophobia and misogyny.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy