Comments on peoples pictures - Appropriate or inappropriate?

Given that the nudist community is supposed to be about tolerance and acceptance of bodies in a non sexual way, I do see a lot of comments on peoples pictures that refer to the breasts, body or genitals and how nice they are.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing as I can see how it could promote body positivity but a part of me also thinks about why there is a focus on commenting on photos that could be construed as sexual?

Thoughts? Has anyone else noticed this?

This topic was edited
RE:Comments on peoples pictures - Appropriate or inappropriate?

I'm quite flattered (if it's a positive comment of course) maybe if the comment is sexual then - I wouldn't be offended - but maybe best kept for a private message when you have better got to know the person better, I can see how some naturists might be offended though if it was a sexual type comment

This post was edited

Ok we need to distinguish between nudity and sex. But this does not prohibit comments on various erotic parts of the body

This post was edited

Nudists see a person as a whole without any differences in relation to different body parts. We can talk about nice breasts or a nice butt like about a nice smile or a nice-looking face. A woman can look good in a dress and nude. We see not only the beauty of a young girl but also of a mature lady.
It depends on the topic of the group. In "Body postive nudes" it's appropriate. In a group like "Nude gardener" it's inappropiate. There the topic is about the doing, here about the body.

This post was edited

In my humble opinion (at least as far as I'm concerned) showing oneself naked is not a sexual provocation but a desire and a will to be myself and to show oneself as one really is. I am happy to show myself naked and I am not ashamed in that because I just want to show myself how I am without reticence. In the comments that I sometimes insert in people's photos, I refer to the totality of the person because talking about a single particular (even if objectively attractive) seems to me to reduce the person to that particular.

This post was edited

Since we have established that exposing
& being nudist isn't sexual, "Why Don't Moderaters and Management Erase anything sexual on this website to encourage a Safe, Healthy, Happy Lifestyle to others that want this way we live. Even Moderators should be removed if they encourage this sort of behaviour.

This post was edited

By posting pictures of oneself on this site, nude or otherwise, the motive must be either to be seen, to show off one's body, clothing, jewellery etc. or to receive comments.

What is appropriate or a 'turn-on' to one person is always a chance of being offensive to someone else.

I would suggest if someone doesn't want sexualised comments to their photos, they either:
Don't post photos;
Mark their photos 'friends only' so they can screen who sees them;
Make note in their profile they don't want any sexualised comnents, or
Block or unfriend anyone who leaves such a comment.

There are many of us who are hapoy receiving such comments, so it isn't something that needs policing as such.

It's a different story in relation to nasty, bullying, aggressive or threatening comments. I don't believe there is a place for that anywhere and this is where the moderators need to step in and remove the comment or take it a step further and remove the member.

This post was edited

Two-way street. If I don't want comments on my dick, the pic won't show my dick. If I don't want comments on my dirty apartment, the pic won't show my apartment.

If a user has somehow neurotically separated sexuality from their mental/emotional processes, then interacting in society will be difficult & full of unwanted presumptions. "I really like cucumbers" can be taken many ways and there are at least two people in that conversation. Demanding no one giggle when I use the word "duty" is just as aggressive and irritating as the giggler assuming I meant to refer to excrement.

Over 10yrs of social media & I've grown tired of users seeming to believe these interactions are somehow different than IRL. There are fools everywhere, inappropriate people everyday, liars who lie to your face, yet somehow "the internet" is the cesspool of humanity?

How do you deal with fools, liars, and the naughty in real life? That's how you deal with them here... with the tools made available. Mute/Block/or simply ignoring and going about your day.

This post was edited

If I don't want comments on my dick, the pic won't show my dick.

I think this is too simple thought. This is a nudist website. And I want to show me as a nudist in my profile. And a nudist is nude. So you can see every part of my body. No one would make a comment about my nose or my knees, why about my penis? If I have to hide my penis to prevent any comments about it it would be the end of nudism. I can say that anybody is good-looking in general but no comments of any parts of the body.

If there is photo in the profile which point out a special body part it's somenthing different. Nobody should be surprised if he or she gets a comment about that. The same is if you post your photo in a group which topic is the body or a special part of a body. A nudist can speak about a penis or a breast like he can speak about any other part of a body. This doesn't mean in a sexual undertone but I think this should be self-evident for a nudist.

The problem with it is that this is an international website. People in dfferent countries have another background about nackedness and sexuality. For many of us English is not our native language. So we can express ourself ambiguously. So we should sometimes exercise some indulgence.

This post was edited

As nudists does it matter if the positive comments are on a person's hair, eyes, or even skin? Nonsexual comments on breasts, genitals, or butts are essentially the same as the others. They all concern the features of the person displayed in the photo.
The concerns are the purely sexual comments made about body features, those are more appropriate on TS than TN. So many members are exhibitionists as well as nudists that they seem to appreciate all comments of a positive nature.

This post was edited

With a tattooed penis (and back and ass) and genital piercings, most of my comments are about those parts of my body. It's also a conversation starter at nudist venues and parties (Did it hurt, What does it look like erect, etc) and I'm happy to talk about it. I also restored my foreskin which gets a few comments. The majority of the comments are positive which makes me feel good and I'm also happy to share more pics when asked.

This post was edited