Unannounced vs. Invited

If someone comes to my house unannounced, I have no problem just opening the door and finding out what they need. There's a sign on the door stating that this is a nudist household. It's not a warning or a caution, as there's nothing to warn or caution about. Nudism isn't harmful or dangerous.

If I've asked someone to come to my house (appliance repair, plumber, piano turner, etc.), then I tell them I'm a nudist while scheduling the appointment and let them decide whether they want to do business with me or not. No one has refused.

I used to not say anything and let them find out when they arrived. Nearly always, that was just fine, no problem, they were here for business, not to make judgments about my choice of clothing (or lack thereof). A couple of times, it caused an issue. I find it's better to just let them know in advance and let them decide.

It seems people prefer not to be surprised by it. Also, it means they don't have grounds for objection at the door.

If you work in people's homes, then at some point, you have to have seen it all.

This topic was edited
RE:Unannounced vs. Invited

All my friends and neighbors know how I live. I live alone so clothing means nothing to me. If they want to come over and not see me nude they know to call first. If they don't call and just show up I open door nude.

This post was edited