The first of (possibly) Several

There are several things I can do this year to make my own life, and the lives of people I love, better. The first thing that I have resolved to do is to keep a daily journal. Not a bunch of philosophical musings, although that would be fun, but rather a daily entry listing the things that I have actually done. I know that I waste a great deal of time so I am hoping that by listing my daily accomplishments I can see just how short I am falling in doing the things that are important to both me and my significant others. My hope is that seeing a few blank pages will motivate me to start looking for things to do to fill those pages. We will see.

This topic was edited
RE:The first of (possibly) Several

Thanks for your post. I do sort of the same thing, but in reverse. I write a "to-do" list (which contains an impossible number of tasks, and some unavoidable) but I scratch each one off as it's accomplished and that gives me a great sense of accomplishment. I've been doing this for years, though, so can't really call it a New Year's resolution. Especially now, with my "Covid brain", if I don't write down my daily and long-term goals, I just completely forget about them.

This post was edited