Always wanted to, never have... I've wondered how I'd "look"!

It's awesome finding this group! I haven't worked out in a gym since covid, but I had a membership prior, and there are showers but I never would get fully naked and use them... but I thought about it a lot!! I think the reason is my own self-esteem issues, wondering "how I look" to all the other guys in there who would definitely be seeing me if I did use the showers.... a lot of the guys get naked in the changing area and walk to the shower, so that's basically how I would probably do it too, IF I used the showers. Maybe you guys could coax me along, kinda a "pre test run" about how I look (and be honest!) so I'll know if I should in real life or not? And is it normal that I have a bit of these self esteem issues? I even feel that just about my body, in general, not just me naked. But I definitely wonder about the full naked thing, too, what guys will think "in general" about how I look when they see me.. and I KNOW everyone makes those little "judgements" about people, when they see someone... whether you know it or not! I have lots of pics in my profile on here so you can see how I really do look full naked. I'd love to know your honest opinion!

This topic was edited
RE:Always wanted to, never have... I've wondered how I'd "look"!

Everything is normal...so no worries there. Some people are used to being nude and for others it is a process. You go at your own speed. I will say most people are just worried about how they look as opposed to looking at others and obsessing with how they look. I just walk confidently around nude without issue. Some guys feel more comfortable walking with a towel and then drying off nude in the open. Just go at your speed and try not worry about what other people think. It is your body and what they think does not change that.

This post was edited

It's awesome finding this group! I haven't worked out in a gym since covid, but I had a membership prior, and there are showers but I never would get fully naked and use them... but I thought about it a lot!! I think the reason is my own self-esteem issues, wondering "how I look" to all the other guys in there who would definitely be seeing me if I did use the showers.... a lot of the guys get naked in the changing area and walk to the shower, so that's basically how I would probably do it too, IF I used the showers. Maybe you guys could coax me along, kinda a "pre test run" about how I look (and be honest!) so I'll know if I should in real life or not? And is it normal that I have a bit of these self esteem issues? I even feel that just about my body, in general, not just me naked. But I definitely wonder about the full naked thing, too, what guys will think "in general" about how I look when they see me.. and I KNOW everyone makes those little "judgements" about people, when they see someone... whether you know it or not! I have lots of pics in my profile on here so you can see how I really do look full naked. I'd love to know your honest opinion!

Hey man - I think you look great. I think that you'll find most guys will ignore you when you're nude in the changing area / showers, but some will cast an admiring glance (or two!). I'd be in the latter group. You should give it a try sometime.

This post was edited

Here I am. Go away. Here I am. Go away. Yes, it's a process. The most important person for acceptance of how you look is yourself and no one else. Maybe you can uncheck the private profile box on your profile if you want people's feedback? Maybe you can change your grammar and thinking from how you would look to how you do look? And then go one step forward from how you look to how you are? Take this idea from one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century:

I yam what I yam, an' tha's all that I yam ~ Popeye, the Sailor Man

In the meantime, take it a step at a time as thiswaynow said, going at your own speed. Again quoting Popeye: That's all I can stands, 'cause I can't stands no more!

It's our inner selves - not our outer persona - that really calls attention to ourselves. I believe men are misguided when they are afraid of fashion because they don't want to call attention to themselves. Instead they call attention to themselves as being slovenly. It's the same with our birthday suits. We call attention to who we are whether a towel is wrapped around us or not. We look like who we are. Is it perfection? Probably not. A work and life in progress? Hopefully so. Drop the towel and the private profile when you're ready. It's not that you want to be cock proud because that's all you want to show. You can be cock proud since you have nothing to hide. You're beautiful right here, right now. It's enough and it's all good.

This post was edited

jungleboinude wrote:

I think the reason is my own self-esteem issues, wondering "how I look" to all the other guys in there who would definitely be seeing me if I did use the showers....

And that, in a nutshell, is the difference between a gym and a true nudist environment. It's almost a given that people go to gyms to improve their bodies as well as to get healthier. So those who are farther along in that effort are probably going to be more "judge-y" than those who aren't.

In a nudist environment, that's off the table. Nobody judges anybody else on their physical shapes.

You certainly aren't alone in your discomfort. We have to learn to de-condition ourselves from the concept that our bodies are subject to scrutiny. It's a process. And it ain't easy, because we have to wean ourselves away from the ideals that society and the media have instilled in us. But the liberation you'll feel when you don't give a damn what people think of your body will be worth the journey, believe me.

This post was edited

Hey Buddy!

I've been in many gym environments, and I can tell ya that there are always ranges in body shapes and sizes. I think the term "average" is funny because in order to have an average body, you need a range of multiple body types. If you think you would enjoy being nude at the gym locker room, you go for it. People will always judge, but the important thing is that we are all works in progress. You have nothing to be ashamed of. :)

All the best. Keep us posted.

Tyler

This post was edited

I agree with everyone here. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else. Judgers gonna judge. Those who might be interested will look and maybe even give you a knowing smile. Still, do it for yourself.

Since your profile is private, I can't speak for what you look like, but a pic is just a pic. I want to see how you carry yourself, etc.

Good luck! It's worth the journey!

This post was edited

If you can, put your self-esteem in the highest regard. Face it, no one can do "you" like "you", however that may be. For me, it's natural to admire a variety of body types in the gym. The built monsters are okay to look at, and you know they did a ton of work to get there. But, for the rest of us, we're still a work in progress. As far as penis envy - averages being what they are, you're above, at, or below. We're not like our female friends that can add a couple of cup sizes at the plastic surgeons :-) Back to that self esteem - be proud of who you are and what your ahve. You're one of a kind - wear it well!

This post was edited

The great thing is there is no normal body! It's like I tell my kids, your body is like a fingerprint, totally unique. If you want to go naked to the shower, then do it, if you don't then don't. Do things for yourself and not for others. Be as happy as you can be in yourself, with yourself and for yourself.
Of course it's normal to have self-doubt, everyone has/had at some point. I hated group showers in my teens because I was late hitting puberty and was convinced I was being stared at etc all the time. Now I don't care. Took a while to get out of my own head, but it's so much nicer being free of my thoughts. I just hit the nude beach, steam room, spa etc and feel completely fine being naked these days

This post was edited

Uncheck the "Private Profile" box on your profile if you want people's feedback.

This post was edited

private profile... im wondering about how you look too...

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy