Whats up with WhatsApp or Hangouts?

Why do people in certain countries immediately give out their WhatsApp or Hangouts information without even getting to know a bit about someone. Here in the USA this would raise immediate suspicion about either scamming or spamming but in other countries, no one seems to care about this (South American Countries).

This topic was edited
RE:Whats up with WhatsApp or Hangouts?

Because they are looking for hook ups!

This post was edited

Hook ups for what? Hooked up for money??? This is the problem with Hangouts and Whatsapp. With Whatsapp you need to give out your phone number and then what do you do if the person is a scammer and sells your phone number to anyone and everyone who will pay??? This is why it is always recommended to go to a safe site with protections, get to know something about the person, and then if the person seems legit then go to Hangouts. Otherwise, what is the point of taking such risk for a highly superficial and virtual relationship. Guys might as well bypass the middle and go straight to a trophy wife who says nothing but always looks good. Shallowness and superficiality at it's finest.

This post was edited

Because they are scam artists trying to get your banking info.

This post was edited

on google hangouts i had to block - Dorris Ashley
she wanted me to buy her a card NO
she claimed she dosnt live near a store in NYC
im not about to spend money i dont have + why cant she get her own stuff at store (subway /bus/taxi/walk).
i barly knew her.

This post was edited