RE:"Cliques" at nudist resorts

I have not really noticed cliques where i/we have visited. We have been welcomed and able to hold conversation with some people there. Even when I have gone as a single black male to resorts, people have come to me and engaged me in conversation. It may be that they were making sure that I was there for the right reason but I made some friends just the same.

This post was edited

Mcdcvs wrote:

It may be that they were making sure that I was there for the right reason but I made some friends just the same.

I think nearly everybody gets that treatment at first (or at least all men... women have different issues, mostly involving being hit on). It comes with the territory. But, as you said, once people are reassured that we're not going to give nudism a bad name, they relax and accept you.

This post was edited

We've been to more than 80 clothing-optional resorts and beaches across the country so we've had a fair bit to observe in terms of regulars at these places. Even though, yes, cliques tend to exclude and make newcomers feel left out, they are also sort of a natural process that tends to develop in many settings where familiar people congregate.

What has struck us is how closely some nudist resorts resemble small towns! If you've ever lived in or had much to do with a small town, you'll see many of the same things: cliques, rumors and gossip, politics and grudges as well as both nice and mean people. But mostly they are the SAME people, day after day, weekend after weekend. (Some resorts even have small churches and, if they are a co-op, they have meetings that closely resemble a city council -- just like a small town.)

We've found that cliques are less important and noticable the more there is to do at a resort -- and the more that a place has new and different people coming through the front gates. We've also found a correlation between cliquishness and the length of the rules list, and the number of posted warning signs.

But we don't really care about the cliques because we generally are only at a resort for a few days and won't have to deal further with any of the people there -- good, bad or cliquish -- when we see the gates close behind us. This might be different if we went to one resort all the time though.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy