Nudists traveling with non-nudists

So, I'm sure many, many, many of us have done this. You are nudists and you have non-nudist friends that you may travel with. It can make it tough on our lifestyle to live freely as we do at home, at nudist venues or when we travel alone. We do our very best to continue our way of life wherever we are whoever we're with. Being with non-nudists family and friends has its challenges.

This week, we'll be leaving on a weeklong RV trip with good friends who are not nudists. We'll stay in an RV park and have to remain clothed for most of our time together. We will be able to retreat to our motorhome for alone time, in which, we will take off our clothes and let our skin breathe. Luckily, both of them enjoy a little afternoon nap time, as we do, and we'll close up the motorhome enough, so we won't be seen naked. Funny thing is our female friend would most likely not be bothered in the least but her husband, my friend, my firefighter buddy of 40 years, acts like a 12 y.o. little girl when it comes to nudity or talking about nudity. I sometimes wonder how or why we are friends! haha

It will be a challenge for a week of being covered and clothed while we travel with them. It's not impossible nor is it that big a deal. We'll just adjust, adapt and overcome. Usually, when we do this type of trip, we get home and almost immediately head for our club or a resort for several days to be naked all day, every day while we're there. It's almost like taking a cleansing bath from clothes! ;DD

This topic was edited
RE:Nudists traveling with non-nudists

Enjoy your trip, hope it all goes well. Isnt it amazing how some people revert to being so prudish about nudism. I often want to ask , " Whats the problem, be honest"? Safe travels my friend

This post was edited

Andy, if we may, do your friends know of your enthusiasm for being nudists? Derek & Sharon

This post was edited

If we invite people over we tell them the pool and hot tub are clothing optional and if they arrive and do not get at least topless then its not as fun and we(me) always go topless whether the guests seem comfy with it or not....sort of our thought is "When in Rome do as the Romans" and if you are guests of nudist then maybe you should be nude....

This post was edited

sounds reasonable !

This post was edited

I would agree. In Rome

This post was edited

Andy, if we may, do your friends know of your enthusiasm for being nudists? Derek & Sharon

They've never really come right out and asked. As I stated in the original post, the guy, my co-worker and friend for over 40 years, knows I always slept nude, was never shy about being nude anywhere in the firehouse. I would spend many, many times just standing naked in the locker room, head or dorm and talk with them when I was naked.

My Facebook page is full of naturist stuff. Not only do I "like" things but comment on the resorts, clubs and beaches, locally and throughout the states and abroad. If they don't get that we are nudists, they are dumber than a box of rocks! :DD

This post was edited

If we invite people over we tell them the pool and hot tub are clothing optional and if they arrive and do not get at least topless then its not as fun and we(me) always go topless whether the guests seem comfy with it or not....sort of our thought is "When in Rome do as the Romans" and if you are guests of nudist then maybe you should be nude....

I get that but this situation has nothing to do with people coming to our house. We are going on a RV driving trip with them. Luckily, we're in separate RV's! ;DD

This post was edited

I hope you invite me someday. I will definitely be nude.

This post was edited

The trip went well, and we were busy doing lots of things, especially wine tasting. The weather was cool when the sun went down and downright cold at night. Since our friends are kind of couch potatoes, we had a few hours each evening to lounge nude in our RV before we went to bed. We realized that we need an additional portable heater for the coach to warm it up on those cold mornings. We had to slip on some clothes til the small heater warmed up the RV enough to strip off. No sooner than we were enjoying our morning coffee/tea naked and our friends knocked on the door for itinerary of our day. We tend to be the appointed fun directors on trips with friends.

There's never a downside to traveling with non-nudists. When we get home, my wife is as ready as I am to pack up the motorhome again and go someplace where we can be naked for several days. We'll either go to our club or drive up to LDS (Laguna Del Sol) soon. I suspect we'll go to our club and save LDS for May or June.

This post was edited

My motorhomes prior owner installed an electric extension cord through the bedroom wall and down in the regular shore power storage box. He plugged a small electrical heater system (two 6X8 boxes) that will fit on the small vanity. They produce more than enough heat for the bedroom and make for a toasty warm start on cold mornings. The idea is you save additional load on the motorhome by plugging the extension cord into the outside (RV spot) box. It has worked well for me.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy