RE:Caught Hiking Nude

Where is this 2200 acre clothing optional site? That sounds great! Certainly sounds worthy of checking out!I would like to know where this is, myself.

I think what he is referring to is the Orient Land Trust (aka Valley View Hot Springs) located in Colorado's San Lus Valley. The valley is located in south central Colorado near the town of Alamosa. You can Google it for the website address and I believe there is a locations page on TN.

This post was edited

A friend and I were hiking nude along Lower Bear Creek in the San Gabriel Mountains a few years ago.
About an hour into the hike we came across two forest rangers going in the opposite direction.
As we passed each other they just smiled and said "Watch out for the poison oak!"

This post was edited

Ive hiked nude in the Las Padres National Forest many times on several different trails and gated roads. Although I typically choose times and locations to avoid other hikers and mountain bikers, I have had several encounters over the years. Only one of those was less than pleasant and that was two women who kept their eyes on the trail without looking up. Most people would simply smile or make a comment like: thats one way to keep cool.

I have also hiked nude on BLM lands in Central Oregon, once covering 12 miles and only seeing one other person. Evening hikes in the high desert as the temperatures drop from the days highs are often good times to go. Be careful to time your hike to avoid being caught out in the dark and you will have a peaceful hike and miss the scorching daytime temperatures.

This post was edited

I've done a lot of nude hiking and most of it hasn't included any interaction with persons of the clothed type. On the few occasions when it has included them it has been non-confrontational. As long as I'm not swinging freely in the sun when it occurs I try not to let that immediate gut reaction of, "Oh shit they're going to see I'm showing," get me to pulling my shirttail down to hide my nether region, though the feeling still comes up. Now that I'm a full time nudist and moved away from my regular natural hiking trails I am starting to feel like that knee-jerky reaction is beginning to subside in my psyche, thankfully.

As long as you aren't sprouting an erection or doing something with your genitals when you walk up on other people who are unlike you, in full vesture, you should find them to be cordial and respectful. Families are especially friendly on the trails in my experience, but I am always careful to have something to pull in front of my front just in case because you can never know when they may be that over-protective parent who acts appalled if they see their little ones see your block&tackle and cause problems for you. That hasn't ever happened to me. I have a couple of specific, long-tailed shirts I'd wear, and usually leaving only the bottom couple of buttons buttoned so I have full wind between by legs, and that special feeling of being free downstairs is one of life's pleasures. I have had couples who've turned around to check me out, to get a look at what's showing after we've passed, and my special shirts don't all cover that part so well, depending on how ridden up the shirt has gotten from the movement of hiking. By then the offending ass is leaving their sight and I've not once had anyone confront me. Those shirts will be stripped off first thing once I'm at my perch up in the mountains where I'd suntan nude, letting my skin get full exposure where I'm pretty sure no one will be coming along. If you are stationary and not flaunting your stuff, I have found most everyone will not bother you.

What nude hiking offers me is a way of getting to my solitary place where I can write, tan nude, and commune with the greatness of nature all around me, joining in the celebration of being a part of the natural world, and just the way I was brought into it.

This post was edited

Have been hiking nude for many years and have had several encounters with textiles. Most were friendly, I normally have my hiking kilt. in my hand to cover those parts that may be affective to some. People are generally ok with this old guy. Only one, said "OH Really", another event. park rangers drove up from behind a friend and me, both naked. saying " someone else might see guys, please keep your shorts on. .
Most parks or beaches, I tend to find a secluded sections to be nude. No real problem. Just be prepared to cover-up if needed. If people are there before you, ask if they are ok with clothes optional sunbathing.

This post was edited

I went to the local national park a while back. It is the only local place to go free hiking. I met a textile m-f couple who were headed back to the parking area. We exchanged pleasantries. On my way back out, I met a f-f couple. They didn't speak. They did keep looking back at me. There is another place where it is a camping area. There is a paved road. Sometimes I stay on it. It is almost a mile around the circle. There have been several pass by and just smile and wave as they go by. No one has seemed put out or complained. Now that it is spring, I plan to go as often as possible.

This post was edited

hiking nude is one of a must activity while nude, but sometimes it's doesn't go as plan.

for me, when people seeing me hiking nude they will ask like what do you doing? why you are naked? or so..
and yeah, i need to explain, and that's i like naked outside much..

thanks god so far i have no problem with that, although some people can be misunderstanding too..

This post was edited

Some years ago in Glacier Park, I was hiking on a trail and came to an alpine lake. Across the lake were some people on the shore nude. I took off my clothes and was going to continue when a group came along of mostly kids. I got dressed again and went back, as there was a warning for grizzly bears and too many people for me. I didn't know at the time that nudity is allowed in national parks, oh well maybe next time.

This post was edited

I was visiting Eureka California and decided to find a nice stretch of beach to hike. Coming from the puritan Midwest, I wasn't considering naked hiking. Then a man and his dog walk by, both naked without a concern in the world.
Is this a nude beach? I asked.
If you want it to be, he replied.
Off came the clothes in a heartbeat.
I for one love being naked, but I just want to enjoy it and not give any thought of being caught by anything other than insects and UV rays.

This post was edited

can't speak for california but here in georgia i've been caught a few times hiking nude , once two women i was far back in a remote trail but got turned around and ended up on a more used trail and maybe 25 feet from two ladies hiking one had a conniption the other sorta laughed i did apologize and told them i was a nudist and preferred hiking nude and probably the saving grace i didn't have a erection and i'm pretty small anyways . the calm one told her friend to relax it not like you haven't seen a guy nude have you , we talked a few minutes again the calm on was curious i told her about some of the nudist camps in the area and had to elaborate to the other why i wasn't hiking there instead finally we parted ways . once at the same park i had hiked the back country and came out on a horse trail well horse and people trail i was still nude and didn't want to dress yet as i walked toward the front where i would slip on my shorts before entering to parking area , i had walked maybe a hundred yards or so and was getting ready to stop and put my shorts on when a dozen or so mountain bikers (bicycles) came around the bend i literally had to jump out of the way as they flew by - all i could hear was "hey he's naked " and giggles and laughter . been caught a few times at camp i use to belong to there was a powerline at the rear of camp sometime out of boredom i would exit out a rear gate and walk the backroad that ran under the powerline usecd by maintenance crews and would come up on some of the crews working , they apparently knew of the nudist camp and would just say hi as i walked by , i know inside camp power crews , telephone and even delivery people would pop in . one time the owner was installing a brick wall by the pool area i showed up saw a crew delivering the brick i got nude and walk past them everyone was clothed even the owner and his helper it was cool being the only one nude.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy