A quick question

Hi all, curiosity has got the better of me so I have to ask. Does anyone ever get a reply to any of these posts ?
I notice a lot of people on Groups pages, not just this one, ask a lot of questions on different topics but I rarely if ever see a reply, am I missing something or have others noticed it as well ?

This topic was edited
RE:A quick question

So here's a reply! But not just to poke you, mind you ~ sometimes is the answer. It's all about getting someone interested in a topic enough to start typing, and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I find that sometimes it seems like some nudists want to bait others by saying something inflammatory just to kickstart a topic. SOME- times, SOME-one, SOME-thing, how mundane of me!

This post was edited

I can observe that for me a first problem is that I do not receive notifications when someone replies to my post (whether it is because I am an "ordinary" member?) But more generally I notice a lack of vitality in the groups

This post was edited

Even if you own the group, you don't get notifications if someone posts to the group or replies to one of your posts. You have to specifically check.

This post was edited

There seems to only be a small core of people dedicated to reading and responding to posts on the site, while others may just be dormant accounts or here for the chat or the pictures. The lack of notifications of updates to what one has already read or contributed to doesn't help.

I've made friend requests to a small number of active posters, so at least I can see where they've contributed and quickly jump back in the discussion. That seems best if you can get the friend requests accepted.

Otherwise, I go into the Forum or Group areas, sort by recent activity and start digging. Occasionally I go to my own profile to scroll through posts I've commented on in the past to see if they've moved on, but that's really inefficient as there's no way to know if there's been activity until I open them. (At least using my phone, it may be different on a computer.)

In terms of contributions I just try to be active and share if I feel I have something to add. Others may ask questions (possibly to just try and keep the thread alive), but I try not to do that so much unless I genuinely think there more to the story that someone may have to share.

It's not as efficient as some other sites, but the moderators must have chosen it for their own reasons (photo management and availability of online chat within the suite may have been the deciding factors) and it's likely difficult or impossible to make changes without breaking things.

This post was edited

I agree with you, very little activity and definitely little in terms of replies. shame really but maybe people catch up in the chat room with PMs, possibly.

This post was edited

Hi all, curiosity has got the better of me so I have to ask. Does anyone ever get a reply to any of these posts ?I notice a lot of people on Groups pages, not just this one, ask a lot of questions on different topics but I rarely if ever see a reply, am I missing something or have others noticed it as well ?

My posts seem to pass everyone by,no response from anyone,and as for Chatroom,I get a few chatting buddies in there,but always happy to hear from more

This post was edited

My posts seem to pass everyone by,no response from anyone,and as for Chatroom,I get a few chatting buddies in there,but always happy to hear from more

I rarely use Chatroom as it always seems to be full of our cousins across the pond, nothing against that but rather chat with people that there is actually more chance of meeting.
But always happy to chat

This post was edited

My posts seem to pass everyone by,no response from anyone,and as for Chatroom,I get a few chatting buddies in there,but always happy to hear from moreI rarely use Chatroom as it always seems to be full of our cousins across the pond, nothing against that but rather chat with people that there is actually more chance of meeting.But always happy to chat

I'm the very same,why chat with someone you'll never meet,when I could chat with another in UK,and Hopefully meet,be it on a beach a club spa or just a friendly drink in Starbucks or a pub

This post was edited