Lopsidedness in genders

I was able to spend part of the day at Hippie Hollow. There was a fare number of people there today. The weather was nice about 80F and partly sunny. Great weather to hang out nude by the lake. While there I was able to make observations about the genders. Yes there were more men then women. But there was a good amount of females there today. About a third were fully undressed, and a third topless and a third with swim suits on. I would say that about two thirds were with a man and the other third were with female groups. I was also able to observe how they were affected by other men around them. And I can see why there are the ones that are afraid of getting nude around strangers. Hippie Hollow is open to the public for a small fee. So I saw all types there today. Older men walking up to the small girl groups, as well as those with simi erections and fully. I was very frustrated with what I saw and ashamed of me gender. If we are ever able to become equal with the other gender we have to start behaving more like gentlemen and less like animals. As a long time nudist and a single male, I can totally understand a women's side to not wanting to be part of the life style. I am not sure what to do about it, I just try and behave like a gentleman. And hope it will rub off on some.

This topic was edited
RE:Lopsidedness in genders

I would gather that those men with erections were a small minority, and that the other men were simply naked. In that case, those erections might have been a positive thing, since they advertised to the ladies which men were assholes and which ones weren't.

Not that the presence of an erection automatically means that the guy is an asshole. Sometimes erections just happen. But it's up to the guy to make his interests and intentions clear. And it's up to the rest of the guys to let the ladies know that we can be counted on to be gentlemen.

This post was edited

Your observations at Hippie Hollow are similar to those I made at Denny-Blaine Park in Seattle about the blend of genders, but I did not notice much bad behavior on the part of the men who were there. I think the most curious was a guy who was obviously a regular from seeing no tan lines who waded into the water about knee deep and stood there with a beer in hand facing the beach.
That afternoon most of the women were in groups and even within the groups there were varying stages of undress. However, there were some couples and some singles. Few of us spent any time in the water and those that did venture out stayed close to the shore.
I was there early on an August afternoon and as I was leaving the beach area was getting more crowded. That could have changed the mix of genders and brought on less desirable behavior from some of the men.

This post was edited

I get that erections sometimes just happen, but there is a nudist etiquette that we should do. Cover it until it subsides. Not to go around flaunting it in other people faces.

This post was edited

Great little beach and park. I spent a couple of hours there in June 2009. Good mix of genders and all well behaved.

This post was edited

I was able to visit HH last November after being away for over 30 years. The day I was there (weekday) there were maybe 50 people total, almost all male. When I was a fairly regular back in the late 80's early 90's, a warm day (any day of the week) would have seen 300-400 people there, a good number with children. The worst thing that happened was under 18 being banned. It gave the (literal) dick heads the idea that they could be morons.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I was able to visit HH last November after being away for over 30 years. The day I was there (weekday) there were maybe 50 people total, almost all male. When I was a fairly regular back in the late 80's early 90's, a warm day (any day of the week) would have seen 300-400 people there, a good number with children. The worst thing that happened was under 18 being banned. It gave the (literal) dick heads the idea that they could be morons.

'Dickheads Happen' is the T-shirt those ungentlemanly jerks should be required to wear when they can't keep their enthusiastic organs to themselves. And go on and make that T-shirt an extra-long for their uncontrolled dong.

When under 18-year-olds get banned from a nudist area, it's a sure sign things are heading in the wrong direction. I never plan to visit a nudist spot where the whole family can't go together. Without the wholesome addition of all ages being allowed, that missing component of society sometimes sparks up an undercurrent where both men (and admittedly some women as well) seem to lose their common sense. This situation then lends itself to uncomfortable feelings and diminished participation by the fairer sex. Who wants to make the drive to visit an otherwise inviting place for naturism when you don't know if you're going to be confronted by rude, horny jerks as soon as you arrive? Not women. And not me. And not my family.

For years I've been hearing about Hippy Hollow around the nudist communities I've enjoyed. It distresses me greatly to know that it sounds like the spot is devo-ing. For you younger nudists, that's a reference to a band from my youth called Devo, short for de-evolution. Their music was entertaining, but the de-evolving of a nudist mainstay like HH is very sad. It will be a major loss for Texas and the general nudist community if the authorities don't realize that their making it into an adult only space is heading in the wrong direction. I can't get me no, satisfaction!

This post was edited

I finally got to Hippie Hollow a week ago, on a Monday. Weather was about 80 and nice. It was spring break and SxSW was going on in Ausin. I saw what the OP mentioned except for the erections and men walking up to females. I did see one older man who was kind of leering from not too far away, though. The ratios he mentioned were about right.
One unique thing about that venue is that people can kind of get a little bit of space in the rocks without others being very close by. And pretty much everybody was being respectful which I always appreciate. Women always seem to get more attention at any public venue and that definitely was happening there, too. But it wasn't over done. I found no reason to want to avoid this lake.

This post was edited

Welcome to our world. LOL
I have been to Hippie Many times as its a very relaxing place. I have always gone with my hubby and he is not a nudist but of course loves and supports me. I have had many men walk right up to me and ask me if I needed anything. The first time I was a bit Naive I would say. I was told after that men assume a women with a man with her is looking for a 3rd. I had no clue that would happen. The next time I went I had 4 different guys walk up and ask what I needed. LOL I told them I need them to get the Hell away from me and go ask my hubby what he may need. Funny thing they all waited until I was alone before they came over. I did get the occasional guys walk past with hardons also. The good thing is I have met some good people at Hippie also from the site and have had wonderful times. I can see why many are nervous with being nude as too many assume your a sex freak or a swinger. LOL

This post was edited

Congratulations of finally making it there. That was my first experience in social nudity. I also learned a valuable lesson about using sunscreen. By far the worst case of sunburn I have ever had, but I would go back again if I had the chance. Its an awesome place if you can navigate the terrain below the paved walking path.

This post was edited

So refreshing to actually hear from a woman who has had first hand experience of the 'ugly side' of the nudies life. I just can't understand why some males think its an 'invitation' simply because a woman is enjoying being naked.

We need more women's voices in this discussion if we want more to women to participate.

The gender balance is always hugely 'out' at most every location here in Australia by a whopping 400% or more in favour of males. There's also other demography that goes with this unbalance along with certain psyche-graphics.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy