RE:Lopsidedness in genders

nude4070 wrote:

We need more women's voices in this discussion if we want more to women to participate.The gender balance is always hugely 'out' at most every location here in Australia by a whopping 400% or more in favour of males. There's also other demography that goes with this unbalance along with certain psyche-graphics.

This has me thinking about whether it's the nudity itself or the "social nudity" that's turning women off. I'd like to see an honest poll about what proportion of women feel comfortable being in the nude in private compared to those who are not. (I've seen many references to women saying "When I get home, the bra comes off!")

Since the most equal balance in genders I've seen in a nude environment was at a meditation center at a hot springs, where nobody really came to socialize, I'm starting to suspect that social nudity is primarily a male phenomenon. But why that is, I don't know.

I also wonder if we could get more women interested in nudism if clubs and resorts had "women only" times, where the element of male participation is eliminated. Of course, women would still be bringing more "body issues" to that environment than men seem to have, but just seeing each other's bodies as they really are might be reassuring.

This post was edited

I think we need to acknowledge that the major challenge nudist women face is men. Women outnumber men and yet on average they earn less, end up with less super and are often the subject of objectification, discrimination and violence. It doesn't matter how many genuine guys there are out there, it only takes one idiot to do the damage and make women feel alienated and unwelcome. Just look at some of the photo comments people post on this site and imagine having to face that in the real world as well as online. Until we truely start to treat women as our equals in every way and create a sense of belonging and inclusiveness, why would women want to become more active in this man's world?

This post was edited

I hope that doesn't mean we need more female sleezebags. Respect for all is what we need.

This post was edited

This has me thinking about whether it's the nudity itself or the "social nudity" that's turning women off. I'd like to see an honest poll about what proportion of women feel comfortable being in the nude in private compared to those who are not. (I've seen many references to women saying "When I get home, the bra comes off!")

Based on my anecdotal evidence, I would say a large proportion.
When I took my ex-wife to the resort for the first time, we had the entire clubhouse to ourselves; and she showed little issues getting naked there to enjoy the hot-tub and even play a game of ping-pong naked with me. No one else was around. But she didn't want to be seen by "strangers" enjoying herself in the buff. It would take more trips before she started getting around to the idea of "open nudity."
My current wife, when I met her, would walk around her place naked after showering and "air-dry.' Yet, at the beginning, she found the idea of social nudity "clearly objectionable."
Women (in general) can and do enjoy being naked - privately. Enjoying it "with an audience" is not a "normal thing" for them until they are properly introduced to social nudism. Which can be very difficult to do.

I also wonder if we could get more women interested in nudism if clubs and resorts had "women only" times, where the element of male participation is eliminated. Of course, women would still be bringing more "body issues" to that environment than men seem to have, but just seeing each other's bodies as they really are might be reassuring.

Again, my anecdotal evidence would suggest that women are more likely to explore social nudity when introduced to it (or influenced) by women. My ex-wife did not get into social nudity until she found herself in a group of women at a nudist get-together. This setting provided her with the motivation to try social nudity; with great success. Later on, at another get-together, she would meet and befriend an accompanying non-nudist wife. The connection that was created motivated the woman to - privately - disrobe and socialize naked with my wife.
So yes, women do better with social nudity when introduced by other women.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy