RE:Too Comfortable

You should never invite people into your house while you are nude unless they know about it and are ok with it.

This post was edited

When my first wife embraced full-time home nudity, she very clearly explained to her Mom - who would pop over unannounced - the disruptive effect it had on us having to make a "mad dash" for clothing to quickly put on. And her Mom just kinda "brushed it off."
So the next time my MIL showed up announced, my wife just walked up to the door completely naked and let her in. And she chose to stay naked. And my MIL chose to deal with it.

My wife's only responsibility there was to be transparent and communicate her needs. Her Mom then had a clear choice to either announce her visits, or deal with walking into a "naked situation." As long as the person/visitor is given a choice, the ball is in their court.

This post was edited

My in laws, specifically my MIL, also had the habit of not only just showing up unannounced but walking into our apartments. She found us both in the shower together, one of those times, saw me full frontal as I got out of the shower. I saw movement and told my wife, "I think your mother was just in the apartment!" My wife jumped out of the shower, ran to the windows and saw her parents getting in their car and driving away.

Another time I had come home from the Navy on weekend liberty. I surprised my wife, and we were not telling anyone I was home. We'd had sex, took showers and being it was Summer, we were taking a nap, on top of the sheet with a small fan blowing on us. We were naked and I was spooning Di. I heard something and got up and sure enough, my MIL was trotting to her car and drove away.

That night, I suggested we go over to her parent's house and talk to them. She insisted on going alone. When she got there, she singled her mother out and told her she had no business using the key she'd given her for emergencies to be used to just walk into our home. She said that she held out her hand and told her mother, "give me the key back now."

My in laws didn't stop there. We'd moved also an hour away from them into our first actual home. They would drive all that way without announcing their arrival and when they showed up, we race around to get dressed. After a few times, my wife decided that we would just not answer the door. After a couple of times of showing up after a long drive, only to find we weren't home, they stopped doing that, so we thought.

About 10 years later, we bought another home and were surprised and angered that Di's youngest sister also bought a house near us. This gave her parents yet another excuse to just drop by without telling us. This second home was another 20 mins further away. When they just showed up that first time to that house, unannounced. We didn't answer the door and would not answer the door unless they called first.

This post was edited

I can't even compare to the above experiences. The unannounced door knocks, the mad dash for clothes when fam would make an impromptu show, the training of our kids to call ahead which took some doing in itself. Luanns brother has caught on long ago and usually he calls from our driveway and patiently waits. Never got that myself but then its a throw back to the clothes mad dash especially for his sister.

In days gone by my ex's relatives traveled in a pack of 4 to 5 and our house got to be a routine stop over a few times a week.
Back then I worked 3 alternating shifts a week and would fall asleep in my chair and briefs. I blew a gasket more than once when woke up to rush and get clothes on and finally I announced they can come in and I am not moving. When it happened they were all in shock ?? It was a short visit. Yes I then got in wife trouble. I didn't care that time.

This post was edited

We have close friends, 3 nudist couples. One couple lives in CO, another in WA and the other in Canada. They live in places where neighbors and family not only just drop by but don't think twice about walking into their home. These family and friends will announce they are there with a "HELLO!", but they're already inside the house.

Our front door is always locked. Our side gate has a lock on it, but it isn't locked. It's more a kid deterrent because of the pool. We don't have anyone the just walks inside our home, family, friends or neighbors. I'm sure I couldn't live like that, even if they knew that we lived naked. The CO couple had to install an alarm at their property entrance. The WA have been seen in all kinds of situations and were not happy about it to family and friends, but they just keep intruding. The Canadian couple confined their nudism to after 8pm and down in the basement. They had family, but mostly neighbors and friends come in the front door and back door all the time. It's just the way life is in their town.

This post was edited

Many years ago when we were first married we spent most of our time nude. In those days we didn't have air conditioning like today and we lived isolated in the Michigan countryside. Both my MIL, and my father, would just show up unannounced. If my MIL showed up we usually heard her coming down the drive and would put something on. However, one night we were both just going about our business, naked of course, and in walks my wife's mother. In those days we never locked doors or took keys out of the cars. We were in the living room watching TV and my MIL comes in through the back door, So I, not knowing who was coming in, jumped up from my chair and rushed out to see what the noise was. Well, it was my MIL. She is a little startled by the site of her son-in-law standing before her naked but, without a second thought she said, do you meet all your guest at the door dressed like that? By that time my wife, with shorts and a tank top on, comes in and comments Only when they don't tell us they are coming. That didn't change things though she still continued to just drop in.

My father on the other hand would also show up unannounced. However, he would do it early in the morning. Again, remember we never locked our doors in those days. We lived in an area where fruit was raised so in the back of the house we had a peach orchard and on the side of the house was a cherry orchard. Well my father would come out early early in the morning, pick a nice fresh peach and come in the house and get a bowel of cereal and some milk and slice up the peach and sit at the end of the kitchen table eating his cereal. His favorite chair had a straight view of our bedroom door. On more than one occasion I was surprised when I walked out of the bedroom naked and saw him sitting there. It didn't bother me as my four brothers and I spent a lot of time nude with him, as did my mom and younger sister. But, it did make my wife uncomfortable at first. She did finally get more comfortable with it, as she sprinted to the bathroom if and when she got caught.

This post was edited

I can't even compare to the above experiences. The unannounced door knocks, the mad dash for clothes when fam would make an impromptu show, the training of our kids to call ahead which took some doing in itself. Luanns brother has caught on long ago and usually he calls from our driveway and patiently waits. Never got that myself but then its a throw back to the clothes mad dash especially for his sister.In days gone by my ex's relatives traveled in a pack of 4 to 5 and our house got to be a routine stop over a few times a week.Back then I worked 3 alternating shifts a week and would fall asleep in my chair and briefs. I blew a gasket more than once when woke up to rush and get clothes on and finally I announced they can come in and I am not moving. When it happened they were all in shock ?? It was a short visit. Yes I then got in wife trouble. I didn't care that time.
If they complained that you were wearing briefs, you could have offered to take them off. I did that a few times when one of our sons would complain about me being in my underwear or that my swimsuit was too brief or my shorts too short. Never actually took anything off, but the threat ended the complaint.

This post was edited

When my first wife embraced full-time home nudity, she very clearly explained to her Mom - who would pop over unannounced - the disruptive effect it had on us having to make a "mad dash" for clothing to quickly put on. And her Mom just kinda "brushed it off."So the next time my MIL showed up announced, my wife just walked up to the door completely naked and let her in. And she chose to stay naked. And my MIL chose to deal with it.My wife's only responsibility there was to be transparent and communicate her needs. Her Mom then had a clear choice to either announce her visits, or deal with walking into a "naked situation." As long as the person/visitor is given a choice, the ball is in their court.

Agreed but my wife and her sister were not warned.

This post was edited

When they just showed up that first time to that house, unannounced. We didn't answer the door and would not answer the door unless they called first.

So glad you decided not to answer unless they called ahead. Calling ahead is the respectful and practical thing to do.

This post was edited

I'll put a slightly different psychology in the discussion; your brother in law desperately wants his family to know he's a nudist and lacked the courage to discuss this.

Discussion brings the need for justification and things like logic (eg why you're a nudist and the benefits) because discussion is interactive.

Blunt announcements can be like jumping into cold water - once in the water there's no turning back; and that seems to be what happened in this situation.

Nudists are not alone in this regard (ie the need to 'come out'); folks having an affair will allow themselves to be discovered, folks who've posed nude for money allow general social media to promulgate their image and gay folks will 'turn up' without announcement with a same gender partner to a family function. All of these are the same and they 'force' the discussion of acceptance, and yes in many of these examples the folks involved dull their inhibitions before making their blunt announcement.

All this is not to say that family and friends receive blunt announcements well though....

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy