RE:Can you find God without Church or Religion?

The issue should never be about appreciating God or Jesus but understanding what Jesus stood for and following his teachings as they pertain to others. Religion has become self centered man made nonsense that really has nothing to do with true Religion anymore. This is one reason why so many people have abandoned Religion today. They see these 'holy preachers' as nothing more then self centered and self enriching charlatans who act are an insult to God and Jesus. They see the hypocrisy of a Catholic church that has allowed far too many abuses of people including child sex abuse scandals and the abuse of First Nations Peoples in Canada. The hypocrisy and abuse of real Religion never ends hence why virtually no one wants to hear the nonsense about those who are 'saved'. If people want to be saved then they better learn something about real Religion and start acting like real Christians instead of posing as 'Christians'.

This post was edited

I define myself as an atheist because I don't believe in the anthropomorphised view of 'God' touted by many religions. I do however believe in 'God', just not as a man, woman or creature who is omniscient, demands obedience and damns for eternity. That is such a small 'g', patriarchal view of 'God'. Yes, you can find 'God' without church or religion, in fact it's much easier without them.

This post was edited

I define myself as an atheist because I don't believe in the anthropomorphised view of 'God' touted by many religions. I do however believe in 'God', just not as a man, woman or creature who is omniscient, demands obedience and damns for eternity. That is such a small 'g', patriarchal view of 'God'. Yes, you can find 'God' without church or religion, in fact it's much easier without them.

What he just said... Especially the last sentence..

This post was edited

Real, religion.

How do you know?

This post was edited

I didn't know God was missing, of that I was supposed to be looking for him.

This post was edited

The issue should never be about appreciating God or Jesus but understanding what Jesus stood for and following his teachings as they pertain to others. Religion has become self centered man made nonsense that really has nothing to do with true Religion anymore. This is one reason why so many people have abandoned Religion today. They see these 'holy preachers' as nothing more then self centered and self enriching charlatans who act are an insult to God and Jesus. They see the hypocrisy of a Catholic church that has allowed far too many abuses of people including child sex abuse scandals and the abuse of First Nations Peoples in Canada. The hypocrisy and abuse of real Religion never ends hence why virtually no one wants to hear the nonsense about those who are 'saved'. If people want to be saved then they better learn something about real Religion and start acting like real Christians instead of posing as 'Christians'.

And then we have the American Baptists, Evangelicals and worse the Penticostalists. Worshiping money and racism. Maybe a few have some morals and integrity, but I have yet to meet one.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy