Hello , I have some questions for the group members.

Hello to the group,
As we all find being nude relaxing, beautiful, comfortable, and natural.
Do you feel that being nude has lowered social barriers with others such as race, economic status, and so on?
What attracted some of you to the group?

Feel free to discuss.

This topic was edited
RE:Hello , I have some questions for the group members.

I do not believe that nudity has lowered any social barriers. I feel that it is like religion or politics, not everyone will agree with it and no amount of persuasion will change them. However, like religion and politics, I believe that one has the freedom to practice nudism/naturism if they choose.

This post was edited

I'm gonna say "yes" and "no".

"Yes", nudism does lower a lot (but not all) social barriers. Without clothes to suggest status you can't tell the doctors and lawyers from the students and unemployed from the (honorable) front line workers and first responders. In addition to stripping away status symbols, being naked put us on equal levels as we're all equally exposed to each other and therefore less likely to judge others.

Still, "no", because there are some barriers that are baked into the lifestyle itself. Depending on what's available in a a particular area, access to nudist venues often comes with a price for travel or membership to locations. (The prices for some venues can suggest an economic status of the participants.)

There is also a "de facto segregation" that presents barriers to individuals as well. Most often this comes from religion, but also other cultural perceptions of nudism discourage people from getting involved in nudism. This often isn't helped by the marketing of nudist organizations and venues through their lack of representation to help people overcome the perception that nudism is not for them.

But that's one of the main things that interested me about this and similar groups on TN and other social media sites. By seeing and connecting with other likeminded individuals we can help each other and others find more similarly likeminded people and overcome the barriers that might keep us from getting involved in more nudism.

This post was edited

Great question. I don't think nudity has lowered any of the social or other barriers. Instead, it has brought together many people with common interests that includes being nude in the presence of others and displaying one's body in all it's glory without concerns about what others are thinking. Many of us have either sought out or stumbled upon this group and decided to join because it allows us to shed our inhibitions and our clothes.

This post was edited

I guess I'm the one going against the crowd. I am white and see many black people on the street as well as on the beach. On the street it seems that most communicate with others of the same race. Happy to say the amount of racial friction is very low on the street, but I never seen it on the beach. Actually I see a lot of people on the beach talking with those of different race and enjoying there time together. Wayne

This post was edited

no i have found that most are no accepting of non whites unless you like black or latin people

This post was edited

no i have found that most are no accepting of non whites unless you like black or latin people

This post was edited

Great question. I don't think nudity has lowered any of the social or other barriers. Instead, it has brought together many people with common interests that includes being nude in the presence of others and displaying one's body in all it's glory without concerns about what others are thinking. Many of us have either sought out or stumbled upon this group and decided to join because it allows us to shed our inhibitions and our clothes.

This is a brilliant response to the question. Couldnt have said it better.

This post was edited

RE: Do you feel that being nude has lowered social barriers with others such as race, economic status, and so on?

Yes and no. In the military, in the open bay showers, race certainly played no part in getting clean... I never saw anyone chased out of a shower for the crime of not matching the skin color of others in the shower. Yet, in Maryland, there's a landed nudist organization in Annapolis with a reputation for denying membership to black people. I have never been to it myself, but that such a reputation exists suggests something amiss, regardless.

RE: What attracted some of you to the group?

I feel more comfortable in a group with a mix of races than around a lot of people that look somewhat like me. Perhaps after over 20 years of living with my partner, this feels more normal for me.

Besides, the diversity of experiences can make for more entertaining conversations.

This post was edited