RE:Why have a beard?

For me its laziness. I cant be bothered shaving my face, Ive always hated it and Im far too lazy. So I just let it grow and I ended up liking it. Its much easier maintenance, just run the trimmer over it once every 2 or 3 weeks and nothing else required. Same reason I let my hair grow out, I cant be bothered maintaining cuts or styling it; so just let it stay long enough to tie up and forget about it.

Now that is honesty! Plus gives me more time in the morning to do other things..some I like to do a lot ! :)

This post was edited

I have had a mustache since the early nineties good into a walrus style then into mutton chops then my later years it basically turned white and now I get paid for the way I look as a mall Santa so I only trim it when I need to

This post was edited

Why do you have a beard? Why don't you shave your face?There must be a variety of reasons men have beards. What are your reasons?

I always found beards masculine and comforting, friendly and indicative of power and maturity, and I wanted to be able to grow a good one, and for the first 43 years of my life, that wasn't possible (I will forgive myself before 18 lol). Then my body went from skinny and twinky to beefy and hairy and the beard filled right in. I wear it proudly, think it looks great, enjoy that others appreciate it but most importantly it is a sign of my masculinity and I am proud to be male, bearded and among others like me.

This post was edited

Well I have stubble, which I like. When I am clean shaven, my face looks fat. I dont want a thick beard because it would make me look too grandfatherly. I want just enough facial hair to where I still have a somewhat clean cut appearance

This post was edited

@Nudistpig,,,you look amazing with a beard too! that always helps ;)

This post was edited

I've had facial hair on an off since turning 18. Just the mustache, clean shaven, goatee, VanDyke, soul patch and finally the full beard. I like all of the many variations I've had, but do enjoy having a full beard, although mine is kept short and trimmed. Just my personal preference. I've been told I look younger with the beard than without, even though it's all white. I chalk it up to the fact that my jowls are now covered by the beard, so I tell people it's a cheap face lift! LOL. In the end, do what makes you happy.

This post was edited

I thought I would never have one, and look at me now :p

This post was edited

When I was young I let the facial hair grew for looking older (or more mature ).
Now 35 years later I am afraid to see what is covered by the beard. LOL

This post was edited

Well I have always facial hair since I startling shaving.. because I I just didn't feel like doing it every day. to shave.. *lol* later I started to breed him, sometimes more sometimes less.
In addition, my uncle explained to me during puberty that hairy men have more energy and should show it. typically Greek. *lol*

This post was edited

@Nudistpig,,,you look amazing with a beard too! that always helps ;)

Hey man, thank you so much, I really appreciate the compliment, and so do you!

This post was edited