Should I get a tattoo?

I was never much in favour of bodyworks and transformations. Sure we should workout a bit to keep in shape and be healthy. I do admire bodybuilders for their dedication and will power (although not necessarily for their bodies). I have no tattoo and no piecing (except for my ears, and those done according to tradition, when I was 5 or 6...

But I see that the younger generation is almost entirely covered in ink. I also see more and more often women my age and older who have taken more or less nice tattoos. There are many reasons why I didn't want to get one. First, I think the human body is beautiful as it is. But then, why do I wear makeup and various garments and jewels? This must be rationalisation, not reasoning. Second, I'm not sure that I would like the same body adornment for life. Especially some big ridiculous ones. When I see one on a young girl I'm thinking "Girl, are you sure you will still want to display that when you're 75? Third, I don't know what to choose. Surely something small and discreet. Fourth, does it hurt? Only member of the mob used to take one as it was a proof of their resilience to pain.

Now I confess that I saw a few tattoos which I liked. Typically small, say on the lower back, on a shoulder, above a boob or on the lower belly/side of pubis (no, not those terrible stars marking the ovaries...). I also understood that nowadays the tattoo artist will numb your skin before doing his stuff so the pain is at worse manageable, at best inexistent.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Is it true that pain is not a real issue?
2. Should I get a tattoo?
3. If yes, what kind? Does anyone volunteer to help me out and make proposals? I could of course post pics as needed for a decision.

This topic was edited
RE:Should I get a tattoo?

Not really in favor of tattoos as I prefer clean lines. A friend of mine always noted *have you ever seen a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce or Ferrari?*. Nope. Good enough logic for me.

This post was edited

Also not a particular fan, not just for the permanence, but also since they tend to blur over time. That intricate design may be less so in a decade or two. That said, each to their own. Perhaps jewellery (with or without associated holes) is a better and even more-attractive path.

This post was edited

I guess its hurts a little, but it's tolerable.
You have to remember that it's permanent, so no room for regret.
I'd never tell someone to get one or not get one

This post was edited

I love my tattoos. I would love more but not sure what yet. I guess the pain depends on the location. I had some done that didn't hurt at all. Then others hurt alot.
Overall I'm a fan of ink, on myself and others.

This post was edited

I love tattoos! I have three and would really like to have more. There is some pain but after a few minutes, to me, it feels good. My tattoos I picked have special meanings to me. I put a lot of thought in about what I want bc it is there forever. But youre the only one who can make that decision. They can be expensive too. If you get one, share it with us!!

This post was edited

You should really be sure that you want a tattoo. It would be forever. And the skin should always be tight in places.

This post was edited

Oh well. Tough choice. I like where Sandy's is, adorable. Although I would choose a less daring one. I like cheesy things like birds, flowers and angels, and not some sort of monsters. So yeah, side lower belly and ankle to start with. That is, if I find one which I like.

This post was edited

Ok, I added two pics showing where I could be convinced to place tattoos. Please advise. And yes, as usual you can comment on my body but only nicely, and don't forget that the main question is not whether or not I am attractive (hint: the right answer is "Yes Flora, you are very attractive") but about tatoo placement. Of course the mods will delete them soon bit what else is new.

I also added a lovely pic of Connie's, but you can't see her tattoos in this one.

This post was edited

We re both big fans of tattoos, although we ve never tried to convince someone to get a tattoo, opposite like we ve done regarding nudism, where we did try to convince other people to give nudism a try. Like others have already said, yes, it hurts. Less or more depending on the area of the body. As it s permanent, if you would decide to get a tattoo, you should 100% have something that has a meaning for you, something you ve liked since you were a kid. For example, Olive: she loves nature so she has a sleeve with flowers, birds, frogs, ladybugs etc.

This post was edited

Ok, so nobody wants me to get a tat. I think I'm fine with that.

As shown in the pic, I was thinking of something small on my lower back or lower belly. But I guess that would be too much of a sign of attention seeking. Hey, look at my butt. Look at my pussy. A tatoo is made to be looked at and would give I think a pretext to guys to look longer than the polite two seconds. And on a nudist beach I am not seeking attention. If I want to attract views, I'll put on something see-through or sexy, high heels or an elegant hat... The advantage of elegance over tatoos is flexibility - you take them off and you're a lambda nudist, while it's kinda difficult to take the tats off.

But I do agree that some tats are works of art. I'll upload some pics which show Connie's - she is a bit of a tat addict but I must admit that she has good taste.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy