Joining the Nudist Lifestyle

The nudist lifestyle is a choice one makes, what drove you to becoming a nudist and what age did it happen. At the time being a nudist didnt cross my mind, I just started going shirtless and liked the sun tan that I was getting. Over time I started wearing less until I decided for an all-over-tan. It was in my late 30s when I started laying naked in my backyard.

This topic was edited
RE:Joining the Nudist Lifestyle

The nudist lifestyle is a choice one makes, what drove you to becoming a nudist and what age did it happen. At the time being a nudist didnt cross my mind, I just started going shirtless and liked the sun tan that I was getting. Over time I started wearing less until I decided for an all-over-tan. It was in my late 30s when I started laying naked in my backyard.

Officially, 10 years ago when we decided to go to Club Orient for a long weekend. But unofficially when I was in high school and both of my parents worked, leaving me home alone and able to go swimming in our above ground pool any morning before heading out to see friends or go to work (working at a movie theater, I never had to be at work before noon). I would get in and take my swimsuit off and swim around nude for a while before putting my suit back on to get out of the pool. Then while in college the pool was gone but I found a spot in the backyard with hedges and the house blocking three sides and we had an old square clothes line that if there were sheets hanging out to dry it would block that fourth side as well. I used to spend an hour or two each morning sunning nude then as well. So I guess those memories stuck with me for 20ish years until I got married add we went on a cruise that stopped in St. Martin. We did a tour that went near Orient Beach and heard about the nude beach there. A couple years later we went ahead and booked that long weekend at Club Orient and haven't looked back. I wouldn't have considered myself a nudist back in high school or college, so I was 45 when I decided nudism was for me.

This post was edited

Some might say that I am not a nudist yet because I spend more time in clothes than without. Most of the reason for that is environmental, and a neighborhood that is wide open. I do sleep nude, even for naps, and stay nude as long as possible after waking. That can be as much as all day, especially when I am alone. I go out to work on my projects and gather materials and most often stay dressed until time to clean up and relax in the evening.
The sense that I was a nudist came to me in my college swimming class for physical education. Just loved being naked in the water. That year I met a girl whose parents had a cabin on the lake. Swimming in the nude there was a welcome past time. I did not begin sleeping nude until after we married and when I did exercise at home, I was nude. My second wife is more tolerant of my nudity, and only objects when the grandsons are with us. We do use the hot tub nude, and the boys have no problem with me being nude, or them being nude in Grandma's presence, but I am not allowed to wander through the house unless I am dressed.
So, it has been about fifty-two years since my first time of being nude among other people who were similarly dressed and as I have gotten older the amount of nude time has increased. I have driven, walked, hiked, been to a clothing optional beach, skinny dipped in a friend's pool, bicycled both in daytime and after dark, do much of my home improvement work while nude, cook, and clean. Doing it nude in the amount of time I spend on it may not make me a nudist, but my attitude does.

This post was edited

Some might say that I am not a nudist yet because I spend more time in clothes than without. Most of the reason for that is environmental, and a neighborhood that is wide open. I do sleep nude, even for naps, and stay nude as long as possible after waking. That can be as much as all day, especially when I am alone. I go out to work on my projects and gather materials and most often stay dressed until time to clean up and relax in the evening.The sense that I was a nudist came to me in my college swimming class for physical education. Just loved being naked in the water. That year I met a girl whose parents had a cabin on the lake. Swimming in the nude there was a welcome past time. I did not begin sleeping nude until after we married and when I did exercise at home, I was nude. My second wife is more tolerant of my nudity, and only objects when the grandsons are with us. We do use the hot tub nude, and the boys have no problem with me being nude, or them being nude in Grandma's presence, but I am not allowed to wander through the house unless I am dressed.So, it has been about fifty-two years since my first time of being nude among other people who were similarly dressed and as I have gotten older the amount of nude time has increased. I have driven, walked, hiked, been to a clothing optional beach, skinny dipped in a friend's pool, bicycled both in daytime and after dark, do much of my home improvement work while nude, cook, and clean. Doing it nude in the amount of time I spend on it may not make me a nudist, but my attitude does.

Did retirement result in a significant increase in the time you spend nude?
It did for me.

This post was edited

Some might say that I am not a nudist yet because I spend more time in clothes than without. Most of the reason for that is environmental, and a neighborhood that is wide open. I do sleep nude, even for naps, and stay nude as long as possible after waking. That can be as much as all day, especially when I am alone. I go out to work on my projects and gather materials and most often stay dressed until time to clean up and relax in the evening.The sense that I was a nudist came to me in my college swimming class for physical education. Just loved being naked in the water. That year I met a girl whose parents had a cabin on the lake. Swimming in the nude there was a welcome past time. I did not begin sleeping nude until after we married and when I did exercise at home, I was nude. My second wife is more tolerant of my nudity, and only objects when the grandsons are with us. We do use the hot tub nude, and the boys have no problem with me being nude, or them being nude in Grandma's presence, but I am not allowed to wander through the house unless I am dressed.So, it has been about fifty-two years since my first time of being nude among other people who were similarly dressed and as I have gotten older the amount of nude time has increased. I have driven, walked, hiked, been to a clothing optional beach, skinny dipped in a friend's pool, bicycled both in daytime and after dark, do much of my home improvement work while nude, cook, and clean. Doing it nude in the amount of time I spend on it may not make me a nudist, but my attitude does.Did retirement result in a significant increase in the time you spend nude?It did for me.

Yes. Age also played a part too. I don't care if I am seen, but I do care about taking chances that would put me in violation of the law. Did more of that when younger.

This post was edited

The nudist lifestyle is a choice one makes, what drove you to becoming a nudist and what age did it happen. At the time being a nudist didnt cross my mind, I just started going shirtless and liked the sun tan that I was getting. Over time I started wearing less until I decided for an all-over-tan. It was in my late 30s when I started laying naked in my backyard. It has been a great naked journey, I have hiked naked, been to clothing optional hot springs and beaches, and to a nudist resort. Always looking for new places where I can exercise my freedom in being naked.

This post was edited

The journey to discover the joys of being nude so often involves skinny dipping!
I am entirely convinced that humans all prefer to swim naked as it is an innate human thing to do.
The problem is so many just don't find the courage or the space to do it safely for the first time, and therefore conform to the societal norm of wearing clothing while swimming.

This post was edited

The journey to discover the joys of being nude so often involves skinny dipping!I am entirely convinced that humans all prefer to swim naked as it is an innate human thing to do.The problem is so many just don't find the courage or the space to do it safely for the first time, and therefore conform to the societal norm of wearing clothing while swimming.

I avoided going to the beach or swimming many times just because I would have had to do it clothed.

This post was edited

The journey to discover the joys of being nude so often involves skinny dipping!I am entirely convinced that humans all prefer to swim naked as it is an innate human thing to do.The problem is so many just don't find the courage or the space to do it safely for the first time, and therefore conform to the societal norm of wearing clothing while swimming.

It certainly did for me.
When we bought a house with a pool, I started swimming nude late in the evening.
It didn't make sense to put something on to go to bed, so I slept nude on nights I swam,
This quickly lead to sleeping nude every night, and gradually undressing earlier in the evening and dressing later in the morning when I didn't have anywhere to go right away.
Trips to the clothing optional beach followed a few years later.
When I retired, we got a privacy fence around the pool so I could swim nude in the daytime.
I essentially stopped wearing clothes at home in warm weather unless we had company.

This post was edited

I started when I was around 13 since when I saw an older male get nude in the public pool locker room. I was already at the age of growing pubic hair and the feelings that came along with it but after seeing that older Gentlemen i was very surprised. First time seeing another person nude and it being in a natural setting. I did the same and got nude as well and changed into my swimming shorts(wish I could have swam nude) Once I got home I would go nude every chance I got especially when I slept. Unfortunately my parents were not opened minded about things like being nude so it was just me. I enjoyed being nude in my room, sleeping nude and going outside nude. Once I was old enough and got my own place all of the clothes were always off. I never did see that gentlemen after that locker room experience but I am thankful I went swimming that day. Stay Nude Everyone.

This post was edited