RE:Cutting out the mesh in men's swim wear

Most men's swimwear will have some kind of modesty panel. If they are boxer type it will be a mesh panty inside that can easily be removed. If it is a speedo type there is usually a double thickness of fabric in the front so they are not see through when wet. If that is your goal to be seen then buy a white speedo and remove the second layer. Wet it becomes very revealing.

This post was edited

I have always removed the liner, whether in a trunk or brief (Speedo) because they are more comfortable without.

This post was edited

How do you remove the liner from a swim brief without ruining the suit?
It is so close to the outer layer.

This post was edited

How do you remove the liner from a swim brief without ruining the suit?It is so close to the outer layer.

Very, VERY carefully using small scissors like nail or embroidery scissors with blunt points which won't accidentally penetrate the outer fabric. Surgical scissors are very good for this purpose.
I did it using scissors with a point and had to sew up the resulting tear.

This post was edited

Most white shorts with mesh removed are very revealing when they get wet.

This post was edited

How do you remove the liner from a swim brief without ruining the suit?It is so close to the outer layer.Very, VERY carefully using small scissors like nail or embroidery scissors with blunt points which won't accidentally penetrate the outer fabric.I did it using scissors with a point and had to sew up the resulting tear.
Yep, thats been my method, too.

This post was edited

Most white shorts with mesh removed are very revealing when they get wet.
Any light colored fabric can lead to that scenario. Many years ago I was just north of South Beach wearing a neon yellow thong I had cut out the liner. Went for a dip and on the way back to my spot it occurred to me the few people around me were getting an eye full. Was not intentional.

This post was edited

"... every time I got out of the water my suit stuck to me...

Many of my suits are a snug fit so look much the same either way with only transparency being a possible factor, but some are looser in the pouch and as the water drains they are very form-fitting!

One suit I have is a bit transparent, even with the front lining in place. The back is unlined.

This post was edited

"... every time I got out of the water my suit stuck to me...Many of my suits are a snug fit so look much the same either way with only transparency being a possible factor, but some are looser in the pouch and as the water drains they are very form-fitting!One suit I have is a bit transparent, even with the front lining in place. The back is unlined.

No inner linings in these

This post was edited

You can buy a seam ripper, designed to unpick stitches cheaply online or probably from a supermarket

This post was edited