Do I need a boob reduction or lift?

We had a different topic about siliconing our girls. This is about the opposite problem and solution.

Most guys were nice and elegant, as they should generally be in this group going no, all boobs at beautiful (liars!), no boob should ever go under the knife etc. etc. In this topic I would like you to be honest, because it's an issue which concerns me and I would like to hear sincere, not elegant opinions: when are boobs too big or two saggy?

I put these two together because the surgery is quite similar and they both leave similar scars: the dreaded "anchor": around the nipple (not very visible), under the boob (rarely visible) and a vertical one between the two (very visible). Boobs reduction involves cutting out parts of the boobs (don't hyperventilate, it's just fat, guys!) while the lift only takes away some useless skin. So unlike boob augmentation, a boob lift is simple, less dangerous and fast to heal. You don't have to wear foreign objects in your body but you will wear visible scars instead.

1. Boobs reduction

Big boobs attract some and, I think, don't revulse anyone. Most guys here said they prefer small breasts, which I think is quite common for middle-aged guys: small boobs convey youthfullness and their wives are probably already relatively big boobed. Big boobs may come with different issues, such as back pain, movement hindrance and simply self-image ones. A very famous tennis player, Simona Halep, made the show in her late teens not only because of her excellent skills but also because of her big-caliber guns. Then she decided to have a reduction because she couldn't get to the top of the tennis food chain swinging all over the tennis field those otherwise lovely but huge chunks of fat. And yes, after surgery she did get to the very top.

Letting aside such cases or medical problems (back pains in particular), when is big too big and we should cut parts of them off? When do they become inelegant enough to grant for a quick snip? At what point should I envisage a reduction? (Speaking in the first person here just to be more convincing; I would have liked B cups but I won't reduce my Ds any time soon because number one, they come on a big frame and number two, I fear surgery).

2. Boob lift

This is a related big-boob problem. Big boobs will sag in time. There are exceptions of course. For some unlucky girls they will sag as from their teens, for a very few lucky women the sag will be very limited even in the old age. But for most of us gravity eventually wins. Sure for non nudists this may be less of a problem as a good bra solves the issue but what about the rest of us who associate summer holidays with a nice ocean breeze caressing our nipples?

I repeat, a boob lift is a very simple operation where the surgeon removes only some skin, but it leaves scars. Sometimes (usually if you pay an expensive surgeon who will spend a whole lot of time carefully sewing the thing back) scars are hardly visible from more than 10m away, sometimes they can be botched. I also saw several ladies with extreme lifts bringing their nipples basically to the level of their collar bones. "The doc said that it's better to overshoot a bit, they will sag back in time". Sure Champ, that's my idea of cosmetic surgery success, to look like a cartoon stripper until my late 70s...

Ok, now let's be frank here. No, all boobs are not beautiful. Yes, there is such thing as too much sag. Nobody will convince me that they love boobs which look like empty socks, reaching the navel and pointing fully down. I looked at some American standards (developed by boobs surgeons themselves, of course) and they are very tough. First one is to check whether a pencil put horizontally under your boobs falls; if not, they are sagging. Other tests measure the distance between nipples and the collarbone and the nipple's angle. Trying to replicate those measures at home in the mirror (yes, I took selfies, I could show them and prove it, but they are not very elegant) I reached the conclusion that I should have got a lift about ten to fifteen years ago.

But maybe American women are far more beautiful and American men far more demanding than their European counterparts. As I don't intend to show my girls in the US any time soon maybe I can afford to let them sag in German spas and on European beaches for another year or two.

Oh yes, there is also a "lift the nipple" version, which only leaves the (practically invisible) scar around the areola: you take out a half-moon shaped bit of skin above the nipple, which will lift it one inch or so without changing the general shape of the boob.

So now the questions about boobs lift:
1. When do you think a lady who doesn't want to always hide her boobs in a bra needs to give them a lift?
2. Do you think I should already give mine a little lift? (Hint: you shouldn't answer bluntly "Yes, you need to!" but you can say something like "No you don't need to unless you really want them to be picture-perfect, in which case a 2-inch lift could be in order...).

This topic was edited
RE:Do I need a boob reduction or lift?

Lol...Flora, you crack me up ! I have read thesis papers with less detail, and not nearly as entertaining. Thank you for enlightening us men who never even think about these profound matters. But yes, gravity wins eventually, it's a fact of life. Remedies depend on the individual, and should be decided on a case - by - case basis. In your case, I must invoke the old adage, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it ! ". You're certainly good for a few more years.

This post was edited

I'm still baulking at the thought of surgery and even the prospect of scarring the otherwise-perfect skin. In contrast, knowing your efforts to keep in shape (very effective) and my tendency to accept others as they are (despite your groundless accusations).

If you must, please choose a path that does not loose the 'natural' aspect (at least for a non-gawk-rated observation) as opposed to obviously altered. I promise not to ask you to hold my pencil for me.

This post was edited

1. When they are maybe too big & heavy and could give some back problems.
2. Not at all. Your boobs look great. We both here enjoy seeing above the average sized boobs. They re very sensual and feminine. No reduction and no lifting in your case. They re great!!

This post was edited

I will be succinct; a fine wine improves with age, likewise with a classy lady. You will do well, press on.

This post was edited

I know its going to make you happier.
So if you do it. Remember to use Emu oil on the scar. I bet D will help working on the scar. It helped with my knee replacement scar. Because with a lift this will be the worst part.
Finding a very good Doctor is also the better idea. Will it make you feel better mentally YES. But you are a amazing woman already. Will your body show that you are not 20 some years old. And is there something about growing older or should we fight it with surgery ? You will always have our respect for who you are and not what your body looks like.

This post was edited

(Mental note: need to open a topic about the use and misuse of the second degree).

It is not only in sports that generous boobs can be a pain in the back (btw here is a pic showing Simona serving: https://static1.puretrend.com/articles/6/79/10/6/@/903503-son-ancienne-poitrine-lui-causait-des-580x0-2.jpg

Did you ever ask why all ballet dancers have very small boobs? No, ballet training doesn't stunt breast development just like playing basketball doesn't make you tall. It's simply because big boobs are not elegant. You can't be built like Simona and give that impression of ineffable lightness. Plus, big boobs have a tendency to have a life of their own,they don't always move in sync and don't stop when you stop. Uploaded a pic of mine to show case. Something which also happens with generous male bits, and a reason why classical ballet will likely remain a textile affair in the foreseeable future (there is of course nude ballet online but it's anecdotic).

Although I am still to hear about some male tennis player who decided to shorten his willy to improve his tennis efficiency.

This post was edited

Lol...Flora, you crack me up ! I have read thesis papers with less detail, and not nearly as entertaining. Thank you for enlightening us men who never even think about these profound matters. But yes, gravity wins eventually, it's a fact of life. Remedies depend on the individual, and should be decided on a case - by - case basis. In your case, I must invoke the old adage, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it ! ". You're certainly good for a few more years.

I would most certainly agree with you here.

Also I had forgotten all about Simona prior to her transformation. Just see the here and now.

At the end of the day it is all about what ever makes you happy. Helps you feel more comfortable and happy in yourself. Better to do the less invasive procedure where possible, especially if less likely to cause other health issues and harm.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy