What is a True Nudist

Is it just being naked and free from clothes or is there other thing that make you a True Nudist?

This topic was edited
RE:What is a True Nudist

I think it is whatever makes you feel like you are a nudist if that is something you strive for. For me its being naked at every opportunity and having no body shame in doing so. It's feeling like I am much more comfortable naked than clothed. It's more of a mindset or desired lifestyle than a label, proclamation, or social group. I just want to be naked!

This post was edited

I think being a 'True Nudist' means different things to different people.
For me, it's simply about my enjoyment of being naked in the circumstances of my choosing. I love clothes and I enjoy wearing them, different things for different occasions depending on where I am and who I'm with. Sometimes I prefer to take them off and then, getting naked is the most natural thing in the world. On these occasions I feel totally comfortable to be seen by anyone whether they're naked or not. It's for me to decide and I love having the freedom to choose.

This post was edited

Good question. For me a true nudist is a naturist. Somebody who read about the history of nudism. Somebody who is educated of the philosophy of nudism like Lebensreform and tries to engage in this philosophy and lives it. Maybe more an european perspective.

This post was edited

Is it just being naked and free from clothes or is there other thing that make you a True Nudist?

In todays world where everyone naked up their own facts and definition you will be hard pressed to find a single definition. But if what you are asking in what is the historical and philosophical intention behind nudism it was about much more than getting naked. Health, physical fitness, communing with nature nonsexual social connections were all the a part of it when organized nudism (naturism) or FKK started in Europe. When it crossed the pond to the US the emphasis on health, fitness and nature got diminished. Over the years it continues to diminish to the point where is it now naked and sex is what nudism means to most.

This post was edited

Since I'm a newcomer compared to you, clothesfree, me with only a few months in True Nudists and many years for you, the comment you made:"Over the years it continues to diminish to the point where is it now naked and sex is what nudism means to most."with this I do disagree, with respect.

First off everyone is entitled to their own opinion you are entitled to yours so no need to qualify your response. But the sexualization of nudism is not a new thing. Social media and the internet just accelerated and exaggerated what was already there.

When nudists in America won the right after years of court battles to print photos of nude people in nonsexual activities in magazines others took advantage and created mens magazines to show photographs of mostly women in sexual situations. See Naked: A Cultural History of American Nudism When nudists started producing naturist documentaries and films showing nonsexual nudist life adult film makers stepped in and started making nudie flicks with fake nudists and later more sexually overt activity called nudism See cinema au naturel

So now with the internet anyone can start a web site take naked photos and call it nudist. That is what I mean by the previous intention being diminished because now it just about each person experience rather than a shared one. Now each of us does our own thing and defines nudism through that lens

This post was edited

Here is a similar conversation happening on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ournaturistlife/status/1530883498965446656

This post was edited

The best definition of nudism I've ever seen I paraphrase from Miss Manners:

Nudism is a social convention under which people behave, naked, as they would if they were clothed.

Nothing more than that. It's not about freedom, sex, not-sex, wholesomeness, naturalness, time-spent-naked, or any of that stuff, necessarily, although those can be aspects of some peoples' participation. You going to a singles bar to pick up a sex partner? Well, if you can do that clothed, then you can do it the same way naked, and it's "nudist." You going to church? Ditto. Note that nudism under that definition is a social convention, not a private practice. That's the -ism part of it; it may be important to you to be nude in private and more power to you, but to be a nudist you need a group. Maybe TN qualifies.... we're a little past Miss Manners' era here.

Plainly the site's name is meant to distinguish a "true" nudist from someone who takes nudity as more sexual than clothed-ness and acts on that, in violation of the Miss Manners convention.

This post was edited

Regardless of how the dictionary, or any other source, defines the term, people seem to have their own ideas of what a nudist is. The same can be said of a true nudist. We seem to spend a lot of time discussing semantics. Im not persuaded that such discussions accomplish anything useful.

I think the term should be broadly defined to make our lifestyle more inclusive. Others think it should be narrowly defined so were more exclusive. If we strive for greater acceptance in society, the former approach is preferred.

This post was edited

How does Truenudists define nudism?

If you look at the bottom of this page in the black margin you can read..

Truenudists is for genuine nudists, if you are seeking sexual content use Trueswingers.

Truenudists defines itself as a non sexual site,

The majority of the members that post on the forums are men over 50, probably as high as 90%

However if you click on the gallery, you dont see 90% pictures of nude older men, you see, almost exclusively, sexy young nude women.

If a website for genuine nudists uses images of sexy young women to promote its self , it is going to attract men with an interest in seeing that content, and they are going to justify their behaviour by calling themselves nudists.

How do we define our nudism? We are textiles who are more comfortable nude especially when sunbathing and swimming.

This post was edited

I don't read a long wordy post or long responses as I don't have the time or patience's with following wordy responses. I still have to a whole lot of work responsibilities and sorry they are just a plain a big bore hole to me and I can't get plugged into those even thought folks put a lot into them.

I can say say if your a couple your limit me saying after this many years a guys limitations is what your significant other gives the OK with or there will be a throw down so to speak.

This post was edited