RE:What is a True Nudist

Is it just being naked and free from clothes or is there other thing that make you a True Nudist?

My definition would be summed up this way: If you are comfortable living as much of life as possible naked, including day to day chores
to a nude beach on vacation and beyond . Solo or with others you are a True Nudist.

This post was edited

Regardless of how the dictionary, or any other source, defines the term, people seem to have their own ideas of what a nudist is. The same can be said of a true nudist. We seem to spend a lot of time discussing semantics. Im not persuaded that such discussions accomplish anything useful.I think the term should be broadly defined to make our lifestyle more inclusive. Others think it should be narrowly defined so were more exclusive. If we strive for greater acceptance in society, the former approach is preferred.
I agree.

This post was edited

Is it just being naked and free from clothes or is there other thing that make you a True Nudist?

For me it's just being free from clothes, the one thing I have noticed is once you spend long periods of time naked, you realise how uncomfortable clothes are when you have to put them back on..

This post was edited

Is it just being naked and free from clothes or is there other thing that make you a True Nudist?For me it's just being free from clothes, the one thing I have noticed is once you spend long periods of time naked, you realise how uncomfortable clothes are when you have to put them back on..

For me, even putting more clothes than I have worn for a while makes me uncomfortable. When I put on a shirt after several days without one just doesn't feel right. The extreme situation was in September 2020 when I put on long pants after not wearing them in over 4 months.

This post was edited

For me a True Nudist is "I love being naked not only weather permitting and but also situations" Not forcing someone to see me naked. I love dressing aswell as per the situation too.

This post was edited

I prefer to not commit a No True Scottsman fallacy. What is a true nudist? If you call yourself a nudist, you are a nudist! Anything other than that is marketing, othering, or just useless definitions that might not mean anything. I say don't worry about the philosophy of what a nudist is and enjoy this lifestyle on your terms!

This post was edited

The perennial question!

For me I don't see a single definition or answer for this question - 'true nudist'. But I do see the world as nudes (aka nudies) and non-nudes (nb I don't like 'textile' as a tag as it means more than clothing). Nudes to me includes anybody who is naked for more than the daily rituals of dressing and bathing/showering.

We use a lot of 'tags' in the nude communities to try and differentiate what I call sub groups, and these are usually based around some definition and or ideology. But we really need to be as a single community no matter what our take or differences are on being nude.

This post was edited

its nude under whatever terms best suits the individual. there is no 'one shoe fits all' as its a personal thing, while we may reap generic rewards or enjoy ourselves as a collective, its still a unique thing in many regards. the 'no true scotsman' fallacy applies here, as well as anywhere else

This post was edited

I totally agree with you
If you prefer to be nude in all aspects of your daily life at home work if permitted and when in a social setting that's a True Nudist to

This post was edited

Having grown up evangelical Christian, I shudder at people who try to be the arbiter of truth. When that happens on TN I consider it orthodox nudism.
There is a never ending debate regarding the relationship between nudism and sexuality, with extremist saying "no boners outside of marriage" to "anything goes naked."
I believe we are social creatures and need to be respectful of others, even as the social context is always shifting. In addition there's a great Portuguese saying that the truth path may not be linear or smooth: God (or your name for a greater power here) makes straight with crooked lines.

This post was edited