RE:Spying coffee makers...

As a quick and agreeing follow on to the Alexa / brain analogy, I recommend folks take a look at the Dune prequel *The Butlerian Jihad*. It gives a fictionalized account of how mans growing dependence on technology resulted in those same machines subjugating the frail humans. With our current development of AI, this scenario is not as implausible as it may seem.

This post was edited

Wow!
That thread took a left turn.

This post was edited

Oops, I think I must*ve missed the Yield sign at the fork. Sorry. ;)

This post was edited

Calling out any race is hate speech. Especially since there was no reason to bring up race in the first place.

In reality those on the left like to create racism where none exists to distract form the larger issue. The issue that they have little no knowledge on a subject and have lost the argument.

Those that hate white people, I pray to god that you find help.

This post was edited

I'm resurrecting this thread with a segment that appeared on an Australian radio station recently.

The gist of it was that someone who booked some posh accommodation for a summer holiday splurge discovered that there were there cameras distributed throughout the building including living areas. They went around covering the cameras and quickly got told to uncover them! Apparently this was in violation of AirB&B's terms of service as the cameras were not disclosed in the advertisement. The second part of the segment was a security expert who had two take-home points that any camera is likely to need access to power and network (so powering down devices you are not using such as coffee machines and clock radios helps, as does shutting down the router if you can live without it) and that the best way to find cameras is to use your phone's flashlight function and shine it into suspicious spots such as devices and vents- a lens shall likely shine back and reveal itself.

https://omny.fm/shows/afternoons/is-your-airbnb-host-spying-on-you-and-should-they

This post was edited