Where to go on holidays?

As you know the minimum leave time here in France is 5 weeks per year, but for various reasons I have more than that. This would allow for a couple of nice vacations. But where? D is adamant, at least one of them should be nudist and I must admit that, on a beach, not having to wear stuff is such a relief. Of course, not having to wear textile when going shopping, having the coffee on the terrace in the nude are also things to be appreciated but, to me, less important than seeing nice new places.

From all I read it seems that air travel this year will be completely unreliable, very expensive and very uncomfortable. At least in Europe, where most air companies expect strikes of their staff. Not unreasonably so, you see during the pandemic they laid off lots of them and the rest had to accept substantial (but technically temporary) salary cuts. Now, with the pandemic over, salaries remain cut and very few new staff have been hired (and now need to be trained). The declared reason is that COVID might come back with a vengeance - but the real one is that these are huge corporations led by psychopaths who would rather pay themselves dozens of million dollars a year than have a solid sustainable company. I'm not going to be treated like sheep so that these corporations improve their bellow the line so I guess the car is the only solution. Plus, I love to drive.

So I need to find a nice nudist resort within a 10h drive distance from my place, which is not easy. I don't want to go to Cap again as I've been there three times already and frankly speaking Cap d'Agde is ugly. Yes the beach is huge, the sea is warm, yes there is this evening "parade" where almost all ladies dress outrageously sexily and you can wear things you would be arrested for if you wore them in a club. But there is only one restaurant where it's worth dining and it's always full...

By the way, I reviewed Cap extensively but I forgot something. There is this misconception that in Cap everybody is nude all the time. Not true at all. Sure, you CAN be nude basically all the time, in particular as a lady, everybody can shop in the nude and can have lunch in the nude. I have never seen anyone having dinner in the nude, but I don't think it's impossible and a lot of the outfits ladies wear in the evening are sexier than nude. But during the day, in town (yes, on the beach nudity is compulsory) most people do wear something. Speaking here mostly about ladies, as you do see naked men here and there. Now some may wear very transparent sarongs, of fishnet, or something so negligently put together that they leave their lady bits fully exposed. But these are a minority and, in particular if they also wear impressive genital jewelry you can bet that they are swingers. But most will wear something when not on the beach (not sure about the camping part, never been there).

As an example, D always wanted me to go buy coffee and croissants in the mornings and he wanted me to not wear my see-through sarong. So I would put a credit card in my hat band, sun glasses and slippers (yes, I do have pics to prove it) and off I went. Looks like all Cap buys coffee and croissants at 10 am so I always had to wait in a line of maybe 20 persons. And I was always the only naked woman there. Was it uncomfortable? You don't care much about your nudity when you need your coffeine shot I guess.

But coming back to my holidays: I like my comfort, don't like camping, I like to dress up in the evening and have a nice diner, not to drink beer and barbecue in the nude, so this eliminates a lot of the French nudist resorts aimed mainly at campers. There is still Koversada (and its sister resort just across the pond, don't remember the name). Also aimed mainly at campers but they do have spacious suits overlooking the sea and, unlike Cap, everybody is fully nude till the evening, it has beautiful crystal-clear water and a nice forested scenery... Also, the marina with a few relatively reasonable restaurants just a couple km away (the restaurants in the resort itself are quite sad...). That being said, seen the distance I'd rather spend at least a couple of weeks there and there is little more to do than relax in Koversada so I may find the time a bit long...

Within a 10h drive South of Italy, South of Spain and Greece are fully out of reach. So where should we go?

This topic was edited
RE:Where to go on holidays?

As you know the minimum leave time here in France is 5 weeks per year, but for various reasons I have more than that. This would allow for a couple of nice vacations. But where? D is adamant, at least one of them should be nudist and I must admit that, on a beach, not having to wear stuff is such a relief. Of course, not having to wear textile when going shopping, having the coffee on the terrace in the nude are also things to be appreciated but, to me, less important than seeing nice new places.From all I read it seems that air travel this year will be completely unreliable, very expensive and very uncomfortable. At least in Europe, where most air companies expect strikes of their staff. Not unreasonably so, you see during the pandemic they laid off lots of them and the rest had to accept substantial (but technically temporary) salary cuts. Now, with the pandemic over, salaries remain cut and very few new staff have been hired (and now need to be trained). The declared reason is that COVID might come back with a vengeance - but the real one is that these are huge corporations led by psychopaths who would rather pay themselves dozens of million dollars a year than have a solid sustainable company. I'm not going to be treated like sheep so that these corporations improve their bellow the line so I guess the car is the only solution. Plus, I love to drive.So I need to find a nice nudist resort within a 10h drive distance from my place, which is not easy. I don't want to go to Cap again as I've been there three times already and frankly speaking Cap d'Agde is ugly. Yes the beach is huge, the sea is warm, yes there is this evening "parade" where almost all ladies dress outrageously sexily and you can wear things you would be arrested for if you wore them in a club. But there is only one restaurant where it's worth dining and it's always full...By the way, I reviewed Cap extensively but I forgot something. There is this misconception that in Cap everybody is nude all the time. Not true at all. Sure, you CAN be nude basically all the time, in particular as a lady, everybody can shop in the nude and can have lunch in the nude. I have never seen anyone having dinner in the nude, but I don't think it's impossible and a lot of the outfits ladies wear in the evening are sexier than nude. But during the day, in town (yes, on the beach nudity is compulsory) most people do wear something. Speaking here mostly about ladies, as you do see naked men here and there. Now some may wear very transparent sarongs, of fishnet, or something so negligently put together that they leave their lady bits fully exposed. But these are a minority and, in particular if they also wear impressive genital jewelry you can bet that they are swingers. But most will wear something when not on the beach (not sure about the camping part, never been there).As an example, D always wanted me to go buy coffee and croissants in the mornings and he wanted me to not wear my see-through sarong. So I would put a credit card in my hat band, sun glasses and slippers (yes, I do have pics to prove it) and off I went. Looks like all Cap buys coffee and croissants at 10 am so I always had to wait in a line of maybe 20 persons. And I was always the only naked woman there. Was it uncomfortable? You don't care much about your nudity when you need your coffeine shot I guess.But coming back to my holidays: I like my comfort, don't like camping, I like to dress up in the evening and have a nice diner, not to drink beer and barbecue in the nude, so this eliminates a lot of the French nudist resorts aimed mainly at campers. There is still Koversada (and its sister resort just across the pond, don't remember the name). Also aimed mainly at campers but they do have spacious suits overlooking the sea and, unlike Cap, everybody is fully nude till the evening, it has beautiful crystal-clear water and a nice forested scenery... Also, the marina with a few relatively reasonable restaurants just a couple km away (the restaurants in the resort itself are quite sad...). That being said, seen the distance I'd rather spend at least a couple of weeks there and there is little more to do than relax in Koversada so I may find the time a bit long...Within a 10h drive South of Italy, South of Spain and Greece are fully out of reach. So where should we go?

We re not the best people to ask that because we re huge fans of campings...
Our summer destination will be, like every summer in the last years - Cap d Agde, starting from 18th of July.
Koversada s sister is called Valalta, been to both, each has it s pro and cons but for us Valalta wins this battle.
Wherever you two choose to go, we wish you a great summer with amazing memories.
Olive&Klaus

This post was edited

Nice to read. Wherever you go and flying is very tempting, it is not even fun at the moment with the long queues at the various airports with the chance that you will not even make it to your plane. No. we have been going to Cap by car for several years now. The caravan is always nearby and by car you can always take enough with you. Our suitcases are mainly packed with evening clothes and a lot of sexy outfit that you can dance in. Enjoy life. Miranda.

The restaurant you mentioned certainly serves mainly fish :)

This post was edited

Yes Miranda, the restaurant in question serves excellent and decently priced fish and has a very nice view...

This post was edited

South West France for me every year:

This post was edited

SW of France is lovely and you eat very well. I hope you do the local farmers markets, you'll never find those delicacies in any shop. There is also the largest naturist camp site in the world there in Gray du Roi. I was there once and they have decent cabins too.

The only thing is that I like warm waters and I am not a good swimmer so I am not a fan of the ocean at these latitudes.

This post was edited

Revisiting this post after contributing to the 'watcher or shower' post has me wondering about what I'd be like in the queue. Be nice to try with only my wallet in my hand and perhaps my hat on my head... It's only theoretical, no remotely-similar options exist here.

This post was edited

The trick is no wallet - only your card in the hat band. That's the best solution, second only to those "transponder" wristwatches in German spas.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy