RE:A question/concern from a proud nudist . . .

I thank you (and everyone) who has responded to my post. Most enlightening. Thinking I'm a bit naive -- sad at 79 and being well-traveled and well-read. But I am horribly inexperienced regarding social media. I have a lot to learn. What prompted my original post was the overwhelming lack of images and cams for a site the celebrates (supposedly) the beauty of our physical forms. I now have a much better understanding of the "why." I sincerely thank you and the others who took the time to respond. I am grateful. Cheers, Malcolm

This post was edited

A naturist takes off their clothes for no one elses pleasure but their own.

Many people join a naturist website to see naked picture, or join the chat room to see naked cams.
When people start demanding to see more, it puts the genuine naturist off posting or switching on their cam.

This post was edited

Nudism is a lifestyle that I assume we all embrace and nothing for which to be ashamed. And it is a social activity, not a solitary one. As important, no matter our age or body, we embrace a philosophy that we are all beautiful creatures to be appreciated and valued.

US Nudism used to be a social activity not exclusively but mostly, with people interacting in many non sexual ways but just without wearing clothes as you suggest. Over the years as things go in the US we redefine stuff to suit ourselves and nudism get redefined as just taking off your clothes and the social aspect got left by the wayside. So people who visit this site dont always have any other perspective that nudism equal seeing naked bodies often for sexual gratification so they dont care about interaction beyond that hence the lack of profile photos private accounts etc. Also a few people have legit privacy reasons.

This post was edited

I see quite a bit of prejudice on the site against people who do not post identifiable nude pics from here. If nudism is about knowing us for who we are as a person inside, that our physical appearance should be embraced and accepted without judgment, why this prejudice? We live in a world where the majority of people would actually judge us if they saw that we had posted pictures of ourselves nude to the entire world. In most places, public nudity may be unlawful and most would not walk into their local supermarket totally nude - unless they cared nothing about others or the consequences of their actions Many, many people on this site are retired, but some of us work, have families who have no concept about real naturism, hold positions for which a perceived impropriety could result in loss of income and medical benefits and relationships. That is reality. Rather than block and condemn us, find out who we are. Most of the fake and scamming accounts have fully nude pictures - that is not a sign of a trustworthy profile.

True, and some of us who are retired are members of community organizations where being known as a nudist might create problems.

This post was edited

Amen sunlover. Appreciate some of your comments-- and your profile statements in your profile. Site did not allow me to message you, so responding here.
I recently joined this site, in search of "safety" and "community".
Harder to find or feel these days.

This post was edited

One thing to be aware of is that in certain parts of the US, including the Midwest where I live, is that social nudism is largely limited to heterosexual couples and gay men. There are no public places outside where nudity is allowed. Private local resorts tend to either discriminate against single men or cater to adult bi and gay men.
As a single dad, I'm happy to be naked with my sons, who are now teens. As young boys there was no nudist venue within reasonable driving distance I could bring them. In theory I could, in reality my parental rights were disregarded by being required to bring their birth certificates and a signed statement from their birth mother. This is discrimination and it's wrong. Shaming people rather than behaviors is the same mindset as shaming bodies. As my sons come of age, even if they find partners who are also casual about clothes, none of us will call ourselves nudists.
People will always ditch their clothes, both around others and in private. We're wired to be naked, but discrimination learned. In the Midwest it's becoming more an odd niche fading away to retirement in Florida than a lifestyle to embrace.

This post was edited
A question/concern from a proud nudist . . . 18072022 1715hrs

We're human beings, don't expect anything else. We haven't said anything about nude animals, domestic or wild? Why not? Oh yes, start that conversation now--I won't be joining in. If anyone claims to have figured out the human condition, he-or she-or it, won't be from this planet.

This post was edited

I totally agree and I don't understand why the site accepts profiles without photos

This post was edited

Well sometimes I log on at work and can't be on cam. Many are afraid to be on cam because the moderators can be heavy handed and ban people at the drop of a hat instead of explaining what they are doing wrong.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy