Clearing out old messages

Hi. I seem to have a problem deleting old messages. I delete them and they disappear, but when I go back onto my messages, all the deleted ones are back again.

This topic was edited
RE:Clearing out old messages

Hi having same problem to , also says 1 message but havent got any new ones

This post was edited

Hi having same problem to , also says 1 message but havent got any new ones

Same here for both.

This post was edited

I could be off base with this feedback but I've had this problem since soon after I joined TN. It makes me feel like some posters are using some sort of computer worm that make their posts permanent. With all the screwy software there is out there, scammers are everywhere. I have five permanent messages in my in-box now. Admittedly troublesome but not something I find myself dwelling on for long. But if any of you find a way to excise these permanent messages, please do tell the room, thanks!

This post was edited

I would appreciate knowing how to get rid of them as well. Currently, I always have 2 messages. I know when it says 2, I've answered all my messages. Simply annoying.

This post was edited

That's weird that yours have 2 whereas most of the others with the similar problem have one all the time.
I used to worry about it but as its been that way for a long time I have gotten use to it.

This post was edited

Ditto here

This post was edited

I would appreciate knowing how to get rid of them as well. Currently, I always have 2 messages. I know when it says 2, I've answered all my messages. Simply annoying.

The inability to delete messages has been an ongoing problem for years now, and it seems it will never be fixed. The unread message count is a different issue. To get the count back to zero, you have to actually click on the message and open it up to get it marked as read (Clicking on the "Mark all as Read" link in the upper right hand corner will not accomplish the goal).

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

TN is a great place, but it could stand improvement -- starting with deletable messages. And, perhaps adding a file system to create folders for friends (Local, International, Wine Lovers, Car Buffs, Boaters, Pool Party People, etc.) Also, easy links from friends to conversations & messages would be nice. Yes, there is a search feature, but it works about as well as "message delete."

This post was edited

No issue with unread messages here but have have just noticed that when I try to delete a message, it keeps coming back. The interesting this is that if I click into the message, it says there's nothing there so the actual message appears to have been deleted but still shows in the messages list. Bizarre!

This post was edited

For what its worth, my messages will show unread even though they have been opened & read several times and supposedly deleted. But, after some period of time, they disappear. I, too, have just gotten used to it and know they eventually disappear.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy